Security Installer Community

What the bloody hell is??

Guest Dave the alarm man

The new ID+ biscuits dont work on the hall effect principle, thus meaning that for harsh RFI/EMI environment installs such as welding shops!

I havent tried them yet but I am assured they work well (By Simon @ Castle Caretech)

James

TSS

Communication is "A question asked, and an Opinion given." I offer mine to help you with yours.

Statements I make are my personal views only at the time they are posted, if I offend you sorry, must be taken in context and do not neccesarily represent those of my employer.

Nooooooooo, Install the cable recommended by the manufacturer then if you have any problems they have no recourse or quick get out clauses, ie no we cant help you Mr ABC alarms you have installed bloody cat 5 cable, ha ha ha ha

27040[/snapback]

HAHA!!! This I like the most!!!! That's why I ONLY use IBM laptops!! No excuses from software manufacturers!!!

DO WE HAVE TO GO OVER THIS AGAIN???????????

WE CAN'T INSTALL CAT5 ON ALARM SYSTEMS - EVEN IF WE WANTED TO WHICH WE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!

banghead  banghead

27044[/snapback]

YES WE DO!!! Why do you shout??????????? No one yet told me what is so special in UK type alarm cable?? What makes it alarm cable? I can write "UK type alarm cable" on to the surface of tha patch vable if it is okay then... Is it written in alarm cable regulation that it should not be twisted pair??????? Screened it can be i guess???????

WE CAN'T INSTALL CAT5 ON ALARM SYSTEMS - EVEN IF WE WANTED TO WHICH WE DON'T!!!!!!!!!!

banghead  banghead

27044[/snapback]

YES WE DO!!! Why do you shout??????????? No one yet told me what is so special in UK type alarm cable?? What makes it alarm cable? I can write "UK type alarm cable" on to the surface of tha patch vable if it is okay then... Is it written in alarm cable regulation that it should not be twisted pair??????? Screened it can be i guess???????

27081[/snapback]

look we do use twisted pair screened..beldon..now shadup...+the uk has the best & safest electricity regs in the world.....remember...who invented the electric lamp......tho he was a mackem :o that house just a couple of mile from me...even closer for ian....kells lane,low fell,gateshead... :yes:

Kids went to Joseph Swan school actually and as you say the old fella lived spitting distance away.....well if the winds behind me.... almost!

Georg we have to use stranded alarm cable, its our regs, if we dont the installations would not pass an inspection. Forget any other ideas you have along these lines we cant do it!

banghead  banghead

27044[/snapback]

27081[/snapback]

look we do use twisted pair screened..beldon..now shadup...+the uk has the best & safest electricity regs in the world.....remember...who invented the electric lamp......tho he was a mackem :o that house just a couple of mile from me...even closer for ian....kells lane,low fell,gateshead... :yes:

27095[/snapback]

Nice that you tell me already by now.. How about the earthing?

Beldon?? Is it a brand or what? Who manufactures? From where to get it?

I personally like "the best & safest electricity regs in the world".

Since you know who was it, I guess you know WHEN was it?

banghead  banghead

27044[/snapback]

27081[/snapback]

27095[/snapback]

Nice that you tell me already by now.. How about the earthing?

Beldon?? Is it a brand or what? Who manufactures? From where to get it?

I personally like "the best & safest electricity regs in the world".

Since you know who was it, I guess you know WHEN was it?

27100[/snapback]

1860 ....or there abouts..way before eddison..tho being a mackem forgot to patent it..so eddy gets all the credit...typical yanks :whistle:

BTW i just thought i would mention i was at //.National Installer.// Hull branch monday morning.

All that way to do some Fire Alarm work in a factory and what the punter was expecting and we were going to do was 2 million miles apart. Thanfully i wasnt the main subby so im chucking in a bill for a days work for me and my lad :whistle:

BTW i just thought i would mention i was at //.National Installer.// Hull branch monday morning.

All that way to do some Fire Alarm work in a factory and what the punter was expecting and we were going to do was 2 million miles apart. Thanfully i wasnt the main subby so im chucking in a bill for a days work for me and my lad :whistle:

27120[/snapback]

time is money :yes:

Archived