Security Installer Community

What the bloody hell is??

Guest Dave the alarm man

1860 ....or there abouts..way before eddison..tho being a mackem forgot to patent it..so eddy gets all the credit...typical yanks :whistle:

27105[/snapback]

What I remeber about this topic is that Eddy found out that there shouldn't be any air (oxygen) in the lamp.

1860 ....or there abouts..way before eddison..tho being a mackem forgot to patent it..so eddy gets all the credit...typical yanks :whistle:

27105[/snapback]

What I remeber about this topic is that Eddy found out that there shouldn't be any air (oxygen) in the lamp.

27141[/snapback]

but swan made it....and eddy was so worried about the clever mackem that he convinced him to go into business,and some time later merged to form general electric who went with swans cellulose lamps as opposed to eddisons bamboo filaments...... :yes: who said going to college was a wast of time.... :o;)

:yes: who said going to college was a wast of time.... :o  ;)

27150[/snapback]

Didn't you only go to college that one time when it was closed?

When you nicked that computer to get on the internet, so you could search google for all your arguments?

;)

:lol; :)

If you don't know......ask.

:yes: who said going to college was a wast of time.... :o  ;)

27150[/snapback]

Didn't you only go to college that one time when it was closed?

When you nicked that computer to get on the internet, so you could search google for all your arguments?

;)

:lol; :)

27152[/snapback]

internet...not when i was a lad... :o its the first thing us geordie sparks were taught,as the college was just a few streets away...was interesting at the time..till the apprentice hairdressers started ;) then well who wants to be a spark... :whistle:

Well the AGAIN bit refers to your total lack of acceptance that alarm cable is for alarms and nothing else will do! in the UK.

So in that sense AGAIN is very much correct regardless of wether you agree or not.

27169[/snapback]

If it is ONLY related to alarm cable I agree that i might be wrong with regulations. Though I haven't yet seen the regulation that says that alarm cable is not alarm cable if it is twisted pair..

Georg, it is not because of regulations. It is the manufacturers that recommend using flexible multi-strand cable for thier equipment.

It is also due to preference. Solid core twisted-pair cable is liable to snapping.

If you don't know......ask.

Georg, it is not because of regulations. It is the manufacturers that recommend using flexible multi-strand cable for thier equipment.

It is also due to preference. Solid core twisted-pair cable is liable to snapping.

27181[/snapback]

its call progression..we ripped out single core installs years ago...maybe youre just 20 yrs behind us brits.. :whistle:

Archived