Security Installer Community

Handed In Notice

I suppose it depends on the employee, I have let engineers go and paid their notice and I have let engineers work their notice. The last one was on garden leave and then paid notice on top, but I terminated his employment and I couldn't let him near any of my customers after that  tbf

It was thanks Jan that made me lol

I have never yet done the 'garden leave' thing. Based on those that have resigned if they had wanted to harm the firm they would of done so already. But id say its a case by case thing for me.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

The last one was on garden leave and then paid notice on top, but I terminated his employment and I couldn't let him near any of my customers after that  tbf

Was he really that bad? 

Don't need many guesses as to who you are talking about.

Its unfair for me to say anything to that Jan, that said I would treat anyone I terminated the same way, unless it was gross misconduct

it all depends on the circumstances. most of the time its no issue.

You cant tell me that you would let an employee that you have terminated work his notice? Your tighter than I thought!

• 2 weeks later...

Just ride it out, 1 weeks notice for 8 years service seems a little strange mind or is that all you have left?

I am sure in 8 years you have met enough of their customer base to approach them later if you wanted to set up yourself.

Trust is a strange beast, I tend to find the least trusting should be the least trusted, its how there mind works.

Personally I would want to know why someone that's been with me so long would want to leave, as it can indicate sometimes that the company is doing something wrong.