Security Installer Community

Accenta Gen 4 And Pyronix Gsmv2

Let me know what you need clarifying?

Are I see previous post, I still stand by my statement , perhaps rephrase a little "most diyers won't use all the outputs and will simply use one output from the panel to activate a dialler for notification, outputs on diallers are rare to be used by diyers , maybe a few do but most don't "

Only in my limited opinion and perhaps on the grand scheme of things that's what I have seen

Rephrased a lot better. Just to add my system is way too complicated for me to have programmed it all. My installer had worked on it for months on and off expanding it to outbuildings and increasing the amount of this and that. The dialler was largely fun to see how many things we could automate and now I wouldn't be without it. As long as I have access to a phone I can operate all things necessary to come and go.

id love to hear them?But i didnt mean that i meant prrof of path. Ive seen stats that show that a some comms are off line for hours a day and dont show up as an issue

So you're saying nothing is actually as guaranteed as maybe thought or just a particular communication method?

So you're saying nothing is actually as guaranteed as maybe thought or just a particular communication method?

Dialler on its own is an issue but it's what people are prepared to pay, better to install a gsm unit along side and also use it to flag line failures etc , if prepared to pay , but most don't

Dialler on its own is an issue but it's what people are prepared to pay, better to install a gsm unit along side and also use it to flag line failures etc , if prepared to pay , but most don't

You separate a dialler from a GSM 'dialler' which is understandable. To me, as a user, my GSM unit is a dialler and I'd not thought it as any other having not experienced a PTSN dialler. I do get all the different messages via text for faults, tamper etc and any power issues are usually flagged up as well via email courtesy of my DM informing me a camera has gone down.

One provider (vodaphone) had no service to a local town for a MONTH and were in no hurry to fix, quite recently.

So if you had a GSM setup with a Voda PAYG sim, that's a month of no messaging alone, before we even look

at the benefits of polling the path itself on a more frequent basis and assuming multi-provider SIM.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

One provider (vodaphone) had no service to a local town for a MONTH and were in no hurry to fix, quite recently.

So if you had a GSM setup with a Voda PAYG sim, that's a month of no messaging alone, before we even look

at the benefits of polling the path itself on a more frequent basis and assuming multi-provider SIM.

In my case though, it is only a month if I can't be bothered to swap the sim from another provider which takes minutes. Or in some cases a multi- network sim might be used and the issue with Vodafone isn't even a problem in the first place.

I think point is gsm doesn't always work, I had a community centre with this problem dialler dialling out but poor signal occurred on there gsm so did nothing for a day until signal returned , in that case it polls once a day that's how they noticed

I think point is gsm doesn't always work, I had a community centre with this problem dialler dialling out but poor signal occurred on there gsm so did nothing for a day until signal returned , in that case it polls once a day that's how they noticed

Quite agree and that is where using the sim for more than just notifications, i.e. automation, helps to recognise any problem sooner.

Anything is prone to failure with some things more than others. Let's face it, if the Police fail to respond to an RTC report where 2 people were sadly left to die there are weaknesses all round, at times.

Let's face it, if the Police fail to respond to an RTC report where 2 people were sadly left to die there are weaknesses all round, at times.

Tragic, but nothing to do with an ARC or alarm signalling, though.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Tragic, but nothing to do with an ARC or alarm signalling, though.

Indeed but I'd be interested to know how many ARC's have got it wrong or if it went wrong further along the chain. The point is, nothing is fail safe.