Security Installer Community

Galaxy Dimension

I'm currently working on a site where the customer has insisted on using a galaxy dimension so that he can use and aftermarket network card to remotely control the system via his phone, even though we have advised this can be done with gardtec panels aswell without the need for third party hardware but the customer knows best.........supposedly.

The issue im having is having never worked on a galaxy before and the nstaller manual might aswell be in german it makes that little sense to me, I can't seem to understand how to connect the bell boxs to the panel, the job in question has 2 nova bell boxes one in SAB format the second in SCB so as not to put too much strain on the board when active.  The manual states there is relays (not traditional bellbox wiring terminals I'm used to) relay 1 being for sirens relay 2 for strobe  3 for pa and 4 for reset, now the issue I'm having is the relays it seems to be indicating there seems to be two sets of relays both labeled in almost the same way except one is rio 0 then with numbered outputs 1-4 with what looks like a NC circuit inbetweeen then and then theres rio 1 which is also numbered 1-4 but without what appears to be a NC circuit section, theres doesnt seem to be a constant 12v output for the bell like im used to and the manual states that the relay outputs are under positive power via a 3k pull up resistor, now by now im pretty sure you can understand why I'm at a loss as to how to wire the bell boxes and my boss isnt exactly being helpful just being told to figure it out it.

Here is how im used to wiring the bell boxes

sab - panel

12v - 12v

0v - bell hold

s- - bell-

tmpr - sab tmp

with a link on the bell between tmpf and 0v for tamper return

Any help to point me in the right direction with be grately appreciated

Output 1002 is a programmable relay with NO and NC changeover contacts, outputs 1001, 1003-1004 and 1011-1014 are transistorised outputs (they switch polarity in alarm) You can program any of the outputs to do anything you want them to in the output programming menu. There's a 12v supply for the bell inbetween the 2 sets of output terminals (Aux 3)

I'd say the bell wiring is the easy part if you're used to Gardtec programming, so be prepared for some head scratching! May be better off setting it up on a bench and getting used to the programming first as it's not similar to the Gardtec by any means. Good luck!

Trade Member

I don't know much about Galaxy but the 1*** numbering indicates RIO1 afaik, usually this would be in the panel itself (I guess there are/were older Gal models though with no onboard zones, bit like a Menvier 2500?)

So your 1001 output is RIO1, on board the panel, and yes can be programmed as a bell (or anything you like).

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Finally the heap of s&@t is done with, certainly the last time I let the customer dictate the equipment used and provide it specially when it's refurbished equipment that turns out to be faulty, plenty of head scratching occurred specially when connecting the bells in and it's blowing fuses turns out the Galaxy dimension puts a 12v supply through the tamper loop for the bells so can't have a common 0v and tamper return like can on Gardtec and telecom panels

Thanks for the advice on the programmable outputs was far clearer from you guys than the manual

Finally the heap of s&@t is done with, certainly the last time I let the customer dictate the equipment used and provide it specially when it's refurbished equipment that turns out to be faulty, plenty of head scratching occurred specially when connecting the bells in and it's blowing fuses turns out the Galaxy dimension puts a 12v supply through the tamper loop for the bells so can't have a common 0v and tamper return like can on Gardtec and telecom panels

Thanks for the advice on the programmable outputs was far clearer from you guys than the manual

Glad its sorted but Tamper on a dimension isn't +ve tho mate. Its Aux & GND

Glad its sorted but Tamper on a dimension isn't +ve tho mate. Its Aux & GND

honestly fella the tamper output next to the programable outputs that can be used for the sab was giving a 12v output. had rio0 outputs then aux 12v then rio1 outputs then aux tamp then gnd and aux tamp-gnd was reading 12v