Security Installer Community

Honeywell Accenta G4 - Mains Power Issues ?

Newly installed Large size Accenta G4 with LCD RKP with 7Ah backup battery. Everything is working fine off the backup battery, PIR's, shock sensors, door contact etc. apart from the mains power. The mains red LED on the panel and RKP are not lit.

There is power going into the panel on the fused side and all the fuses look good. I thought the panel was faulty so took it back and got a replacement but the same identical thing is happening. I thought it maybe a faulty power supply unit in the panel. Is there a problem with the mains supply ? It is showing 'Live' on a live tester ! It's driving me crazy :crazy:  :crazy:  and can't seem to work out the problem. Is there something I have missed ? Configuration or pins etc ?

Just because you have a tester showing live on live , doesn't mean neutral is present

If it's an electrical problem have you checked the neutral is making contact? I assume its off a fused spur

Just one thing to check i suppose

I assume your taking precautions working on mains seeing as your connecting it or get an electrician to check it

Is it showing live on the neutral aswell? Then has to be as above

whats the day current?

Don't understand.

Just because you have a tester showing live on live , doesn't mean neutral is present

If it's an electrical problem have you checked the neutral is making contact? I assume its off a fused spur

I assume your taking precautions working on mains seeing as your connecting it or get an electrician to check it

Yes off a fused spur. Flat has been totally rewired and the spur was installed by the electrician specifically for the alarm panel.

If it's showing 'live' on neutral then that's a the problem !

Thanks James and Al-yeti. Yes it was a bad neutral. Contact on the blue sheath not the copper ! Edited by kwano888