Security Installer Community

Are you a professional?

jb-eye

Now i've lost the plot!!

:wacko:

I've spoke to tech for what now seems the most basic question.

I'll take your comments on board.

THANX

26390[/snapback]

Are you trade? If so then there's no problem. If not, tech should not have advised you of anything further than user functions.

If you don't know......ask.

I'm just the new boy here.

I'm only going on previous experience.

Is that as a customer, a DIY'r or as an installer/service engineer?
If I get a problem, when i ring tech, they want to help out.

Thats why they are there!!

Everyone is welcome on these forums and we all try to help, we do not all agree all of the time but thats life.

Yes I've been in the trade for about 10 years.

I feel that they would give the advice to anyone,

obviously a telephone call will not install/prog/commision a system.

26403[/snapback]

So, what about some scally/chav/etc/etc ringing up galaxy for a manual, knicking a galaxy, then ringing tech every other day untill they know it better than most.

I know it may sound a bit extreme but they have nothing better to do, and are not always thick.

The point is, if technical details where available to anyone, security systems would not be very secure

If you don't know......ask.

This will be the fly in Texecoms ointment for some time to come. but now they have made their bed in the Cheap and cheerful market they will struggle to change it.

They also need to change their distribution model for the very same reasons.

I had some involvement in the early days with the Premier. The original idea was to distance that product away from the veritas range thus the PREMIER branding. TEXACOM are well aware of their identity within the security industry as stack em high & sell em cheap and desperately wanted to loose this image. One of our suggestions to Texacom was that they should have the alarm at their own factory fitted properly and use their own products.

Jef

Customers!

26403[/snapback]

So, what about some scally/chav/etc/etc ringing up galaxy for a manual, knicking a galaxy, then ringing tech every other day untill they know it better than most.

I know it may sound a bit extreme but they have nothing better to do, and are not always thick.

The point is, if technical details where available to anyone, security systems would not be very secure

26411[/snapback]

id like to see any chav understand a galaxy manual,you must know what your doing to start with,thats the good thing about it,its not a tell you what to do manual,its a tell you what is does manual..if that makes sence :o

Guest livewire
You can find the diyer type panels easy enough but not the big boys ones.

26362[/snapback]

Pete, you'd be very surprised!

Most of my manuals ( talking about proper industry standard type of equipment, both user & engineers manuals) were obtained from the web, but not a single one via this forum.

rgds

Archived