Security Installer Community

Are you a professional?

jb-eye

You definatley can't get a galaxy manual from the website - in fact i don't know of any manufactuer who would stupidly allow access to installer manuals to the gereral public

We install Ademco & Aritech the latter comes directly from the manufacturer. We do not install Texacom. Not that the product isn't any good 'IT IS' but if i were to use a Premier on an industrial commercial and Bob the maintenance chap pops his head round, i can hear him now "oh veritas, i fit that stuff at weekend really cheap in it" we therefore set ourselves above this and support companies that support us. Oh yeh Texacom search found the manuals. Maybe its just wise that professionals recognize the difference between a customer and a genuine fellow craftsman and are just a little more careful who they give there knowledge too i.e. who should pay and who should be helped

Jef

Customers!

My thoughts are give the advice, either to a professional installer or a diy person.

There is a simple question posted elsewere and he is unable to get any help (not trade).

If he is diy then my guess he would go to a mate ect, bung them a few pounds

and get the job done, not go to a company, taking out a maint contract.

As mentioned earlier, galaxy manuals are available free from the honeywell website. And so are a lot of manuals from different suppliers.

If you ring technical helplines they don't ask if you are trade/diy.

Help people out, feel better and if the panel blows up wack 'em for a new one!!

26347[/snapback]

If you phone honywell for technical advice, they take your name and your company name. Wether they'd still advise you without a company name, I don't know.

If you don't know......ask.

You definatley can't get a galaxy manual from the website - in fact i don't know of any manufactuer who would stupidly allow access to installer manuals to the gereral public

We install Ademco & Aritech the latter comes directly from the manufacturer. We do not install Texacom. Not that the product isn't any good 'IT IS' but if i were to use a Premier on an industrial commercial and Bob the maintenance chap pops his head round, i can hear him now "oh veritas, i fit that stuff at weekend really cheap in it" we therefore set ourselves above this and support companies that support us. Oh yeh Texacom search found the manuals. Maybe its just wise that professionals recognize the difference between a customer and a genuine fellow craftsman and are just a little more careful who they give there knowledge too i.e. who should pay and who should be helped

Jef

26365[/snapback]

Jef

Did you find the engineer manuals on the Texecom website (without logging in that is)?

Good point re other trades installing veritas though - you are so right!

My thoughts are give the advice, either to a professional installer or a diy person.
Is that from a customers point of view or an installers? I know which one you come over as.
There is a simple question posted elsewere and he is unable to get any help (not trade).

Possibly, but have you thought about why the poster didn't get any help, maybe he was out his depth or he was not asking the right questions, didn't provide a enough information.

If he is diy then my guess he would go to a mate ect, bung them a few pounds

and get the job done, not go to a company, taking out a maint contract.

Mates dont give back up when things go wrong, and most of the time they disappear and Mates cannot provide monitored alarms.
As mentioned earlier, galaxy manuals are available free from the honeywell website. And so are a lot of manuals from different suppliers.

Total Rubbish. yes you can get manuals for budget systems on the net, but there is more to alarms that simply having a manual.

Help people out, feel better and if the panel blows up wack 'em for a new one!!

Nice responsible Attitude.

By the way if you are in the trade, tell us all who you are rather than hiding behind a tag.

We do not install Texacom. Not that the product isn't any good 'IT IS' but if i were to use a Premier on an industrial commercial and Bob the maintenance chap pops his head round, i can hear him now "oh veritas, i fit that stuff at weekend really cheap in it"

26365[/snapback]

This will be the fly in Texecoms ointment for some time to come. but now they have made their bed in the Cheap and cheerful market they will struggle to change it.

They also need to change their distribution model for the very same reasons.

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Guest Peter James
I'm just the new boy here.

:w00t:  :w00t:  :w00t:

I'm only going on previous experience.

If I get a problem, when i ring tech, they want to help out.

26372[/snapback]

Of course they do they sold you or your employer a product, they want you to: buy more , think its good, and help you to know what your doing.

Its different if your in the trade, if you phone up and say your a end user they will give you a phone number of an installer local to you.

Even Pyronix do that.

Pete

Who cares if you can or can't download a premier manual from the Texecom website, I can buy a panel from the internet for £80 and get is with that!!!

Archived