Security Installer Community

G2-20 Mains Fail

I have a G2-20 panel with RF and a 8 rio added using 3 groups, 1 house 2-3 out buildings. I have noticed a few times if 1u 2s 3s and there is a mains fail groups 2-3 unset. Need to double check what happens when all are set and mains fail. The panel reports mains fail on G2-20 and P Rio. But why is the system unsetting the other 2 groups when mains fails both units have good batteries?

Yes the system runs fine on battery, there are two one in main panel and another in powered rio, batteries check out ok and I don't get any battery faults on panel.

I seem to remember the RF G3 had too be assigned to a zone for groups, main panel was full these are all house sensors ie G1, the P-RIO is for an outbuilding G2 but not all 8 were used so assigned it to a un used zone on there, but not sure why his would cause the mains fail to unset.

12v incoming to a smart Rio can cause all sorts of issues. To be honest though I've seen it done many a time and no problems whatsoever. In fact, I'm guilty, when we first started using them I did it on my first smart Rio.