Security Installer Community

Hello

WDT

I like the swap idea :drive1: I am on my way

The oil in your nails is not that bad and we get nice blue gloves to protect our skin, they are also great at catching red stuff leaking out your hand :whistle:

The good news is no oil in nails this week or next unless i help my mate out who runs a one man band garage as i am on leave until 26th yaaa :skippy: He did say about a car with a electrical fault that he wants me to check so i will get free fish and chips that day  :sothere: 

Thank you guys for your hello and welcome messages :signthankspin:

I dont know I know a few people who own garages they dont seem to be that well off, like any trade there is always someone willing to do it for a tenner less, the difference is the margin I doubt many garages get many £10k upward jobs to do, whereas most of mine seem to be bigger jobs with the odd occasional £1k domestic/small commercial every now and again. My vehicle service bills are rarely over £1k usually a lot less than half that, you would have to do a lot of services a day to get to what I turnover in a year

Hi Peter

I would say a lot of services, even more so now as the parts suppliers are now selling parts at almost the same price as the trade plus tools and equipment that always seems to be out of date or is 1500 pounds a year for updates. Plus also the I have a mate that can do that. or the fast fit places doing service for £99 " Shame they don't change oil filters which should be done every time but i won't point fingers or name names"

All the above sound the norm for you as well :-

Ok moan over :angry2:

Hi Wayne

There are a few companies near you that you could try, my mate Ian at The Alarming Company in Fareham. You could try Frank at Servian and Cristies CIA all three are on the same trading estate in Fareham.

I dont know I know a few people who own garages they dont seem to be that well off, like any trade there is always someone willing to do it for a tenner less,

Obviously it depends on the garage and there client base.

One thing is people are willing to spend on there cars, even if they don't like spending the law requires some maintenance.

Another is the motor industry is always moving forward, whereas compared alarms are stuck in the stone age IMO. No pun intended.

Hi Peter

I have seen you mate's Ian's company as he has an install near me which has been tested by some naughty people who come after dark and removed stuff with out the owners permission. I only know this as it's near a garage I deal with sometimes and the said company was having a new roller shutter due to unexpected entry :-

Is Ian on here.

Obviously it depends on the garage and there client base.

One thing is people are willing to spend on there cars, even if they don't like spending the law requires some maintenance.

Another is the motor industry is always moving forward, whereas compared alarms are stuck in the stone age IMO. No pun intended.

You are right a big client base should make all the cost of the building and equipment work out cheaper per customer. The M.O.T helps get cars back to minimum standard but sometimes that just makes the car become a scrap as they say we only paid £500 for the car. Some people will spend the money and they are good to keep :proud: