Security Installer Community

Which Alarm System

ninjaspy

Hi all,

I'm looking at replacing my wired Scantronic 9800 with a new system.  I haven't had a survey/quote yet as I'm not sure which system I need or whether there is even one that does what I want and don't want to waste mine or an installer's time.

I want to be able to arm, part arm, disarm, view cameras (PIRs) and logs from a web browser and smartphone.  I have found a few systems which offer all of these such as the Visonic Powermax but couldn't see whether you can view the cameras on request or only when an alarm is triggered.  Does anybody know?

I also want the system to be wired and un-monitored.

I would appreciate any advice given.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by ninjaspy

The lightsys is hybrid so wired and wireless, The HKC panel also has an App no CCTV yet but they are working on it, Texecom has an App and again no CCTV, Scantronic ION have a web browser.

We have a demo Risco Lightsys set up in our office the Risco App works really well very quick to report alarms, and it sends pictures too. I have the HKC panel at home also using the App and that works very well too. If I had to choose it would most likely be the HKC its just better built kit than the Risco stuff. But on price the Risco stuff wins hands down, upto 50% cheaper in some cases.

Thanks for the quick replies.

Agility is all wireless tho.
I'd recomend a stand alone CCTV system and alarm.
Unless its cameras inside rooms your after?!?

I am looking for cameras inside rooms

I missed the wired bit!

Lightsys is as agility but wired.

Looked at Lightsys system quickly.  

Looks similar to the iSmartAlarm but are they compatible with an outside bell box?  

Would I need to pay monthly/annual fees to an ARC for web and smartphone access?

All app systems work via a cloud therefore there is a monthly or annual fee but not necessarily to an arc. The Ismart is not graded therefore none of us would install one and wouldnt know if its any good or not. Personally I would use a company that makes phones for my phone and a company that makes alarms for my alarm.