Security Installer Community

Global Tampers

queensgate

Hi everyone just wondering if you can help me out i fitted a gardtec 490 x on my house a few months ago all will eol resistors which all worked perfectly and systems is really good, my sister.wanted me to do a system on her house but i ordered the 480 as she did not require the telephone connection , on this panel it does not accept eol so everything has to be wired as 2x power 2x alarm 2x tamper but the global tamper is really confusing me there is a diagram in the manual of how to do it and i have followed it but i still keep getting tamper fault when i take all the tamper wires and connect them together ie all greens together and all whites together and put them in the 2 tamoer terminals on the circuit board everthing works ok . Is this ok to do or would it cause any problems by doing this

thanks in advance

global tamper is wired in series, i.e if you use yellow and blue for each tamper circuit, join the blue of zone 1 to the yellow of zone 2, then the blue of zone 2 to the yellow of zone 3, and so on you end up with th yellow of zone 1, and the blue of you last zone, which you put in the tamper terminals

You either have a tamper fault on an individual circuit as above OR you have connected together two common wires incorrectly.

Take them apart, test them one by one, then connect them in series one by one making sure you are dealing with one tested pair each time.

Global_Tamper.jpg

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You have a tamper fault on at least one device.

This is a simple parallel and series issue.

Series means open one and there is a tamper, parallel means you have to open all tampers to get a tamper.

Obviously tampers should be in series to work correctly.

Do as above to find the device in question.