Security Installer Community

Texecom Premier Elite Wired Alarm Or Wireless

iandv

Hi

What is the better option a Texecom Premier Elite wired alarm or a wireless alarm?

I have been offered the Texecom Premier Elite Alarm with the following installed with an unswitched fused spur for £740

Control Panel

Keypad

5 PIR's
1 Door Contact
1  Outdoor Siren

2 Proximity Tags

NSI Certificate

Minor Works Certificate for a fused spur required for control panel

In terms of wireless alarms the best price is the Visonic for £550 installed - same spec as above but wireless

Hi, providing it's installed professionally (wired under boards etc) I would pay the extra for the wired system. Wireless is good nowadays but the difference imo would be worth it and soon forgotten about when you are still buying batteries.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

It depends on the model - Rokonet has been Risco for some time now and a bit lazy if they

haven't updated their info by now.

I have no experience of the cheaper models but if it's the I-Wise quad PIR then I'd say go for it.

The Texecom Premier is a good system.

As Norm, you can save yourself £200 now which I guarantee you'll have to pay back over the next

2 years in extra servicing costs, which can't be avoided if they relate to detector batteries.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Hi

What is the better option a Texecom Premier Elite wired alarm or a wireless alarm?

I have been offered the Texecom Premier Elite Alarm with the following installed with an unswitched fused spur for £740

Control Panel

Keypad

5 PIR's

1 Door Contact

1  Outdoor Siren

2 Proximity Tags

NSI Certificate

Minor Works Certificate for a fused spur required for control panel

Using the same kit by the sounds of it, we are just over £100 dearer and you'd need an electrician to install the spur on top of that and then there's VAT.  It's a very good price (depending where you are in the UK and even more if that price includes VAT) as long as they install it properly.

Edited by RFS

In terms of keypads etc I am looking at Texecom Premier Elite Flush Mounted Polished Chrome LCD Keypad

Are these ok?  And in terms of PIR's should I be asking for quad pirs?

I am still awaiting quotes from other companies but what other wired kit is good quality like Texecom?  And is texecom the best wired kit currently on the market?

And what is the best wireless alarm currently on the market?  

• 7 months later...

We've reached a stage in Wireless which is 'Minions' away from the old days of 'Thrust' and 'First' (although if they were installed and maintained correctly problems would be reduced I should imagine). Texecom's iMesh technology appears to be the 'in thing' but it is worth looking at other manufacturers as outlined above. The quoted price is about the norm but, as RFS points out... "..does this include vat ?".

It is more than likely that whichever wireless system you choose, any added or replacement devices may need to be of that manufacturer's specs..and this is not going to get any cheaper in the future. Add in detector battery replacements over the years (and standby)... things soon mount up. But at this point my negatives end. I am persuaded that wireless has to be the way forward. There is one point that disturbs me, possibly the experts could explain; On Sunday last an 'offroad biker' revved the engine whilst passing a wireless external sounder ... causing it to activate. It would appear to me therefore, that a wired sounder should be part of any wireless package ( a practise I have insisted on over the years).

The arguments for wired are manifold. Choice of devices, sounders, psu's ... all interchangeable (keypads being the exception),.. and quite a reduction in cost over that of a wireless system. Provided the property layout accomodates it I would opt for a wired system.. and I'm an hypocrite.