Security Installer Community

Recommendations For Hd-Sdi 1080P Ptz

Steven_W

I'd be looking to move

Never had a bit of trouble in all the time I've been here. The house stands alone surrounded by fields and woodland, with no neighbours, and has a long driveway. My security has been in place for 20 something years so call it a preventative measure if you like. A cost I'm more than happy to bear. I'll protect mine how I see fit, it is that simple.

Most People want a system to operate in the background more of a passive approach to an active one. ie On my system at home i have 6 x 2 megapixel static cameras with movement sensors and a police response intruder alarm. I only look at my cctv when im alerting to something or im curious about when the bins were done, delivery etc. Some people such as yourself obviously take a more active role in their system but this is, in my experience' the exception not the rule.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Most People want a system to operate in the background more of a passive approach to an active one. ie On my system at home i have 6 x 2 megapixel static cameras with movement sensors and a police response intruder alarm. I only look at my cctv when im alerting to something or im curious about when the bins were done, delivery etc. Some people such as yourself obviously take a more active role in their system but this is, in my experience' the exception not the rule.

My 'role' is very similar to yours, James. I have 7 statics and 3 2060s. I just have the opportunity to operate the PTZs should I want. Ordinarily I allow the alerts to dictate the time I check my cameras. When at home it simply means viewing a monitor on event activation. It doesn't warrant me an unpaid slave.

Funny you should mention the bins too but I zoomed right down the driveway earlier to see which colour bin had gone out. That saved me a trek. I also have been known to watch the wildlife close up. Getting face to face with a heron, Kestrel or Buzzard is difficult any other way.

i have a PTZ on my system but it doesn't cover my grounds, covers the alley that my house backs onto as we had various problems and the neighbours decided it would be a good idea - which it was! we don't really get problems anymore. apart from a flytipper a few months ago - but he got slapped with a £1,000 fine from the council so don't think he'll be doing that again.

i also have a static in the shed where we keep the bikes. if the alarm is triggered, all the TVs switch to showing that camera.

• 4 weeks later...