Security Installer Community

If There Is A Button, You Can't Resist Pressing It Can You?

I know, scary in it.

I was thinking about you yesterday :)

My local sainsburys has a new anpr system that I've not seen before. As you drive in you are greeted with this massive sign that flashes up your reg and it tells you what time you better **** off before or else you get a ticket.

Friendly I thought :)

Edited by matthew.brough

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I was thinking about you yesterday :)

My local sainsburys has a new anpr system that I've not seen before. As you drive in you are greeted with this massive sign that flashes up your reg and it tells you what time you better **** off before or else you get a ticket.

Friendly I thought :)

And still a waste o money.

I'd be telling sainsburys where to shove their business.

And by coincidence, submitted 3 'appeals' last night. I use the term appeal loosely of course as they all stated evidence was heading of to the relevant bodies informing them of the fraudulent activity.

Puts DVLA in a bit of a fix as they issued data when the scammer was breaching the Kadoe contract. Naughty naughty.

I wonder what the legal department of a certain grocery store will make of it.

Cubit what would the pepeio pose make of this ?

Appeals

If you wish to appeal against a Parking Charge Notice you will need to submit your appeal in writing to XYZ Ltd (we, us, XYZ) within 28 days from the date of issue. All correspondence must include the drivers name, address, the Parking Charge reference number, date of issue and your Vehicle Registration Number. If you do not include this information we may not be able to validate the appeal.

The appeals process is to enable the motorist the opportunity to contest the notice if he/she feels that the contravention DID NOT occur. Explanations as to why the contravention occurred or requests for leniency are not considered valid appeals. The decision to accept or reject an appeal is based on the evidence recorded and information supplied. We recommend you review photographs on the “Pay a Parking Charge Notice” page on the website (input Vehicle Registration and Ticket reference). It is important you supply any evidence to support your appeal. Please note that we will not enter into multiple appeal processes.

All Parking Charge cases are placed on hold upon receipt of a valid written appeal. Any driver appealing against a parking charge notice within 14 days from the date of issue will be given the opportunity to provide payment at the reduced amount in the event that their appeal is rejected. You should be aware that any driver lodging an appeal later than 14 days from the date of issue will be liable for the full amount in the event that their appeal is unsuccessful.

All appeals should be marked for the attention of The Appeals Co-coordinator and sent to: XYZ's Office.

Please allow 14 days for an acknowledgement and 35 days for a decision.

Appeals by Telephone and Email

We do not accept appeals by telephone or by email.

How is your appeal considered?

Our Appeals coordinator will consider all of the evidence you have supplied to determine whether the contravention took place.

If your appeal is allowed, we will cancel the parking charge notice. If your appeal is refused, we will write and inform you of the decision, and you will then need to make payment as soon as possible to avoid us needing to take steps to recover the payment from you. Refusal letters will include an application form should you wish to appeal via the independent appeals process named POPLA - information on POPLA can be viewed here: http://www.popla.org.uk/

We make no charge for submitting an appeal.

Grounds of appeal

The grounds under which you can appeal the parking charge notice are as follows and you should consider these carefully before entering the appeals process.

The vehicle was not improperly parked: e.g. that the vehicle was not parked where stated on the parking charge notice; that you believe you were still within the time you had paid for (pay and display areas); that the voucher or permit was clearly displayed.

The vehicle was stolen: e.g. that the vehicle was improperly parked after being stolen. However, the fact that someone else was driving your vehicle, for example a family member, friend or colleague, is not in itself a valid ground of appeal. The fact that you told the driver that they could only use your vehicle on condition they did not get any parking tickets is not a valid ground of appeal.

You think you are not liable for the parking charge: e.g. that you had sold the vehicle before, or bought it after, the alleged improper parking.

Edited by MrHappy

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Cubit what would the pepeio pose make of this ?

In a word??

Boll0x

Line 2 of the dribble blows their case.

The letter is sent to the Registered Keeper - as that is the only name they can get.

At no point are you obliged to divvy up the drivers details.

Therefore, to refuse an 'appeal' if the driver is not named puts them in breach of POFA...and therefore cancels their right to rely on it.

Are we talking Parking Eye here?

Are we talking Parking Eye here?

no,

where a scammer co. is daft enough to publish their bank details on the internet, would it be fun to pay 1p into their a/c in the assumption the bank would charge them more for the transaction ?

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

no,

where a scammer co. is daft enough to publish their bank details on the internet, would it be fun to pay 1p into their a/c in the assumption the bank would charge them more for the transaction ?

Would certainly cause their book keeper some pain

r u sure, all transfers in are fee free for me (even after 'free year' ends)

Think it depends on the bank, type of account, and sometimes, turnover.