Security Installer Community

Help Very Much Appreciated -

They do. They are colour if light allows and go to black and white if dark. Have a couple of built in IR's. You can see the results on this clip. Not bad to say only battery powered.

Guilty as charged :)

Lol.

These cameras look like cheap tat to me and would suspected all sorts of lighting issues not to mention data transmission. I'd stick with the monitored option for now "Freddie08" if you want to be reliably informed when an intruder is in your premises. As for the police response side of things, well err maybe... 

They do. They are colour if light allows and go to black and white if dark. Have a couple of built in IR's. You can see the results on this clip. Not bad to say only battery powered.

Guilty as charged :)

Hard sales pitch, hardly.

My advice is video alarms are super and stop wasting tons of peoples time. You or anyone else can feel free to offer different advice. It isn't a private discussion :)

Apart from cost, can't see how a non video system would be better than an alarm that goes off if someone leaves the windows open or sammy spider goes for a walk but feel free to offer your advice to the OP, as I say, not a private chat.

I did

I agree the old motion viewers looked nasty. We've never used them, only the newer IMV200's that are much prettier to look at.

In fairness for future readers of the post, here is a clip on how non video alarms are dispatched by the monitoring center.

http://81.168.26.21/RetroComputingMagazines/NonVideo.wmv

Personally I can't see why anyone would want non video over video but others may :)

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

I certainly wouldn't have PIR cameras internal to the home. The panels they are connected to will be a prime target for hacking. The standard functionality is for the protocol to only allow pre and post trigger image transmissions, but once the panel is hacked, then it's carte blanche.

Thanks for the comments. Matt has given his recommendation. Does anyone else have any other alternatives that think would suit my need/budget? All suggestions welcomed!! I was going to go Yale until I started looking at this site, and have been scared away from them, so really do need any help I can get!

Edited by Freddie08

generic info.

avoid 1 way systems, most of the cheapee systems use 1 way, yale, visonic, risco etc.

look at 2 way for a small system. Use a hybrid Panel and locate it in a central location.

or are you looking at hard wired?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Not really decided on wire free or wired yet... I guess both have their pro's and cons, right?

I basically have 3 door access points downstairs (Front door that has a small laminated toughened glass window, and a side panel that has the same, patio door in the lounge and the back (kitchen) door), plus a detached garage that I would ideally like to be included, plus 2 windows downstairs that would need to be included.  With regards to upstairs, there are potentially 6 windows.  I fear this could push the price way above my budget though!!