Security Installer Community

Equipment changes

Deltaseven

Just to add,

Scantronic 9100 (16 Zones) A old 9100 4mm steel (what a panel)

3 x door contacts

9 X Racal 772 Passives

Been in since year dot, on level one Police never had a false alarm, so what its all about.

Arrowhead pirs, leave in they were the best at the time and still got some 360 arrowheads in premise now.

24839[/snapback]

Quality equipment stands the test of time. :yes:

Just because it's old dosn't mean it needs to be upgraded. it's the customers choice after all said and done. I generaly don't change equipment unless it is providing insufficient protection, was incorrectly spcified for the enviroment or it was irreparable.

If your pitching new upgrades to your customers everytime you see them, they will start to view you with the same contempt as they have for salesmen. Good honest advice always works better.

I usually find it sufficient to mention new features that are now within their budget (SMS text messaging for example) and leave them to make their own minds up.

Regards

Bellman

24846[/snapback]

As I keep stressing, be honest with the customer, advise them of new equipment and what it can do. If they choose to keep their old ´reliable´system and it is up to regs then there is no problem. If they share the same view as myself, Peter and Colin, then they will upgrade. If they share the same views as Dave, Gaz and Chris, then they will keep their system and you have covered your back.

Talk to you all when I get back, I´ve got some malibu and coke waiting for me in my hotel room and a lot of nothing to be getting on with. I´ll check in now and again ´cos I´m extremely sad. I might even post a pic of the sunshine to make you all jealous.

:lol::):lol:

If you don't know......ask.

!!!!!!!

What have I missed?

malibu is for girsl mate, if you like rum that get yourself some lambs navy or the other onei n the slim bottle 59% cant remember its name.

Areyou on holls?

Talk to you all when I get back,  I´ve got some malibu and coke waiting for me in my hotel room and a lot of nothing to be getting on with. I´ll check in now and again ´cos I´m extremely sad. I might even post a pic of the sunshine to make you all jealous.

:lol::):lol:

24875[/snapback]

U want a little unbrella and a slice in that malibu Bri :P

Enjoy the Holls mate, try not to tut tut at every alarm device you see whilst your away or comment on the Chime sounds as you enter shops such as "Ooh, a Galaxy / Scantronic / texecom" I find myself doing that and nearly got lamped by the missus in Egypt a few years ago ;)

I can't wait for the holiday snaps, 240 pics of various bits of alarm equipment and bellboxes :lol:

Regards

Bellman

Service Engineer and all round nice bloke :-)

The views above are mine and NOT those of my employer.

Cheeky ba*****s. What´s wrong with Malibu?!

Anyway, it´s all inclusive so I´m just working my way through. I´m on the Bacardi now, it seems to be the most potent (next to the champagne, but it´s a bit rank)

I´m p****d now actually

B) :wacko:

If you don't know......ask.

Archived