Security Installer Community

Equipment changes

Deltaseven

I've worked there too remember, and I have known faulty systems to be left downpowered and passed to install.

24731[/snapback]

but surely you fitted some form of protection????even a little 9800 to cover temp the critical parts of the building :huh:

24732[/snapback]

I've never been in that situation myself, but I know of others without and unable to get adequate stock!

Seriously man, there was a lot of things that lost them a LOT of custom. At times, some customers were waiting up to and over 3 days for an engineer to attend a fault

If you don't know......ask.

If something is starting to play up then fine, recommend an upgrade.

But if you have just serviced it and found no problems, and the customer has not reported any faults since last service, then why change it.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

bri..do you want a spade...that holes getting bigger B)

24736[/snapback]

Just 'cos you've got a bit of backup :angry::P

I stand by my statements.

I would be honest with the customer, explain the advantages of updating their equipment, and let them make an informed decision.

:yes:

I've worked there too remember, and I have known faulty systems to be left downpowered and passed to install.

24731[/snapback]

but surely you fitted some form of protection????even a little 9800 to cover temp the critical parts of the building :huh:

24732[/snapback]

I've never been in that situation myself, but I know of others without and unable to get adequate stock!

Seriously man, there was a lot of things that lost them a LOT of custom. At times, some customers were waiting up to and over 3 days for an engineer to attend a fault

24737[/snapback]

well thats down to the branch......not acceptable in my book...maybe us geordies are just too good B) you should always have good stock including panels etc..

bri..do you want a spade...that holes getting bigger B)

24736[/snapback]

Just 'cos you've got a bit of backup :angry::P

I stand by my statements.

I would be honest with the customer, explain the advantages of updating their equipment, and let them make an informed decision.

:yes:

24741[/snapback]

honesty isnt always the best policy bri..

replace it when its old...........

bri i hope your kids dont think down them lines......or youre in for a rough time in the future :whistle:  ;)

24738[/snapback]

Well I'm upgrading the missus at 40. Will be looking for something round the 18 mark

:whistle:

well thats down to the branch......not acceptable in my book...maybe us geordies are just too good B) you should always have good stock including panels etc..

24742[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more, and admit it was a 'phase' and service did improve.

But it happens

replace it when its old...........

bri i hope your kids dont think down them lines......or youre in for a rough time in the future :whistle:  ;)

24738[/snapback]

Well I'm upgrading the missus at 40. Will be looking for something round the 18 mark

:whistle:

24744[/snapback]

i took a leaf out of your book bri...upgraded too early...funny thing divorce innit.. :(

Archived