Security Installer Community

Best Of The Current Froup Of Dvrs?

So I use Luxritesecurity mainly as a wholesaler and have had a couple of quoted from systemq.  The main DVR that SystemQ seem to be pushing that falls into the installs that I do is the Alien Hero.  I have not installed one yet, but I have installed several of the Luxrite Spro1 DVRs.  I have also installed the Luxrite Vectus HD-SDI DVR which has a much better menu structure.

It seems that a lot of wholesalers have their own branded DVRs, but obviously a lot of these are OEM DVRs from the same Chinese factories just rebadged.

I struggle with the fact that menus are written in Chinese & translated which sometimes makes me look an **** in front of a customer when I'm trying to explain how to use the thing, especially for advanced use with alarms & e-mailing images etc, rather than your run of the mill calling up of recordings.

What would you say is the best DVR for domestic installs on the market right now with links to them (preferably with experience of installing them).  It's not so much for my benefit as once you are familiar with a menu structure it's fairly standard across most DVRs, it's more for ease of use for the customer.

Any suggestions?  cheers.

• 2 months later...

I got drawn in on price from Dragon Select, tried them once for a 4 channel DVR on a small domestic job, camera quality fine, DVR keeps locking up, swapped it out for a new one (to be fair they just sent one out without me having to shell out for a new one first) but that one is locking up as well!  Back to the customer again...

So is the Alien Hero definitely rebadged Hikvision?  They told me at SystemQ that they write all their own iOS & Android apps & firmware for the machine.  When I get one delivered, I look at the CD that comes with it and the software is always within one month of the date at time of install.

It's just a poxy minefield!