Security Installer Community

Pyronix Enforcer Pirs

Hi,

I had a pyronix wireless alarm system installed recently. I know that it is bad practice but I am using a PIR facing the front door as a entry/exit detector. I have both door contacts and sensors in the back rooms and don't consider the front door as a major risk as there is a locked porch in front of it.  Recently, I noticed that the PIR in the hallway sometimes does not trigger the beeping sequence when I come in after the alarm is set. I tested the PIR in the back (dining room) and the PIR there also sometimes fails to trigger. Is this just a sensitivity thing, which can be solved by removing the pet covers, or should I add a door contact to the front door? If I add a door contact, could I maintain a delay on the PIR in the hallway?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Installer was doing a private job but I confess I probably misdirected him. I have no idea what the sleep time on the PIR is, but could you just explain how that would influence this situation. Thanks and sorry for the very basic questions

He means (I assume) they are not that good at detecting movement, cats or no cats! Making them eveb less suitable for starting an entry exit timer,

esp. in a confined space like a hallway. Quite likely I imagine if the 'lead up' to it is less than 1-2 metres then you're stood behind it (imagining how its fitted)

its obviously then too late, next stop I guess would be a room where the alarm really will 'go off'.

I would strongly advise fitting a door contact myself, it's not like fitting it should be an issue if wireless.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands