Security Installer Community

Turning On Texecom Premier 48 For First Time

zerozero

Quite worrying that following popping one fuse the first thing tried was popping a second.

Arf electrics comes to mind

It says in the commissioning troubleshooting to check and replace the fuse if blown.. However I think I possibly replaced it with a 1A fuse.. but in the panic and low light I couldn't read the damn thing and I think they only provide 1 3A mains fuse..

It is all off now.

The strange thing is that the battery fuse didn't blow...and that is rated at 1.6A.. it just kept on going..

What is the best way to check for shorts - what would the normal resistance going through Aux power devices (specifically fire sensors, bells and speakers)

Thanks

Turned out it had blown the first one due to the high load of having to charge all the batteries and power.. luckily I had a spare 3a 20mm fuse.

Then I didn't realise that you had to go into engineer mode twice to get to the actual menu.. I was looking through the log, thinking that these were current actual faults.. Then my multimeter doesn't work with AC (it should but clearly there is a problem there).. so that sent me up another blind alley.. with me thinking that I had an AC failure .. anyway I'm learning!

So no wiring faults so far. Now just trying to get my com-ip to work so I don't have to spend hours at the keypad with all that incessant beeping!

Thanks again for all the help guys.

I can see you glowing like a fairy light sooner rather than later.

Then my multimeter doesn't work with AC (it should but clearly there is a problem there).. so that sent me up another blind alley.. with me thinking that I had an AC failure .. 

Or an isolated circuit. I seriously suggest you do not continue doing any mains electrical work without consulting a professional, who, btw, would have proved the meter first.

Secondly, fuses should still not just blow - this has never happened to me on a new, correctly designed installation, there is still something wrong that you have done somewhere, I would suggest, be it system design or wiring.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Or an isolated circuit. I seriously suggest you do not continue doing any mains electrical work without consulting a professional, who, btw, would have proved the meter first.

Secondly, fuses should still not just blow - this has never happened to me on a new, correctly designed installation, there is still something wrong that you have done somewhere, I would suggest, be it system design or wiring.

Essex Electrical ??

System up for 2 days now, with no more blown fuses (only the first one was real) and I am firmer in my belief that it was the initial switch on with batteries and 2 alarm batteries to start charging that tipped it over the edge... The second fuse that I hastily put in while I was worried about the batteries dying on me was 1Amp spare.. damn hard to read the tiny writing on those things.

No faults, all tests worked.

Thanks again to all for the help and words of warning - I'm sure this made me work with extra care to be sure that everything was right.

Now on a soak test to see what happens over a few days without upsetting the neighbours with any false alarms.. fingers crossed

Archived