Security Installer Community

If Paying Tv License Gets Decriminalised, Will You Still Pay?

But requiring a licence in some instances

AFAIK....

You can watch a TV at a caravan etc... as long as you have a licence at home and no-one is using your TV at home

I think there is some getout that you don't need any licence at all for a handheld TV (remember those Casio LCD ones!)

I know when I was doing my Comms stuff we were told (assume correctly) that PC TV tuners were not exempt... (nothing to do with the course, I mean by the landlord)

So would be interesting if you could use a handheld tablet etc... to watch unlimited TV!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

(From TVL website)

Exception: If you only watch catch-up services online, then you don’t need a licence. For example, you don’t need one to use BBC iPlayer, or ITV player, to catch up on programmes after they have been shown on TV.

(and)

However, if the TV in your static caravan or mobile home is never in use at the same time as the TV at your main home, you don't need a separate licence. 

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

If you're causing it, I'd say it makes no difference. After all its being captured live.

In fact the TVL website specifically covers this, 'do I need a licence for Sky+' is a question...

Edited by datadiffusion