Security Installer Community

Advice Please- Add To Old 9448 System Or Replace It?

Thanks again everyone. I've looked at the industry websites suggested to find local companies . Most seem to sell own-brand systems (and some seem really expensive- £1000 over 3 years for this?

http://www.cssltd.co.uk/alarms.php?display=bronze) 

I'm new to this but wouldn't a speech / text dialler without monitoring be appropriate and much better value? Anyway, I'm off to do some research.

(I'm still shocked to be taking security advice from Alan Patridge.)

That system I linked to isn't suitable for police callouts, so I thought £25/month for someone to phone a keyholder offered no real advantage over a speech/text dialer. Well I'm just getting used to this and learning about the options! (I'm not considering that system, I was just surprised at the overall cost, I have a door sensor and 2 PIR sensors with the 9448 so it sounds like a basic system they're selling.)

Anyway, I think the next stage is to get a few companies out for their advice, and to do a bit more reading.

The main difference is the link between the site and the ARC is polled to check it is working. The dialler is not therefore if it isn't working the only time you will know there is a problem is when it has gone off and no one got called.

Keyholder monitoring can be picked up by proper arcs at the £10 a month mark rather than £25.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

digi price?

Which is only slightly better than dialler.

Grade 4 dual path webway price . . .

We don't have any PSTN support. When as an ARC we sell to an end user monitoring only it's £xx per month irrespective of single / dual path or polling rates.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Archived