Security Installer Community

Wages

Smokie

Hi

we have an 18 year old apprentice who can drive and is very good, what is a decent amount to pay him, he is on £4.00 p/h but has just passed his driving test so is more useful, he is a good egg but I don't want toover pay him!!!

Thanks for you input

Smokie

Thanks for reading my posts, however insane they may be.

Just remember, 'Success is Built on Commitment, Hard Work, saying F**K it once in a while and most of all LUCK'. Be Happy

simon@sgssystems.com

SGS Systems Web Site

I`d keep him on that wage until he has passed his apprentiship.

After all until he`s 21 or older you`ll be getting stung to insure him to drive.

Dave Partridge (Romec Service Engineer)

Hi

we have an 18 year old apprentice who can drive and is very good, what is a decent amount to pay him, he is on £4.00 p/h but has just passed his driving test so is more useful, he is a good egg but I don't want toover pay him!!!

Thanks for you input

Smokie

23745[/snapback]

depends on what your charging the customer for his services

Yeah as eng says. I hate companies that charge the customer full wack and make big profits but pay peanuts to very good apprentices who are probably better than some supposed to engineer. I know of a few companies who have more apprentices than engineers. :realmad:

cheers Kev

Thanks All

I have put him up to £4.80 (10k) and a vehicle for now and will increase as his experience grows.

you are right, there are a lot out there exploiting the apprentices and charging an extortionate rate, come on people, make it fare.

Thanks again

smokie :ph34r:

Thanks for reading my posts, however insane they may be.

Just remember, 'Success is Built on Commitment, Hard Work, saying F**K it once in a while and most of all LUCK'. Be Happy

simon@sgssystems.com

SGS Systems Web Site

At 18 he should already be on £4.10 per hr anyway (minimum wage)

We have a second year trainee 19 currently on 10k he drives (us all mad) and does do maints, small breakdowns, and goes on call,  we have promised to put him up to 12k around xmas time if he behaves.

Pete

23797[/snapback]

Blimey have you got any spair places Pete. :yes:

At 18 he should already be on £4.10 per hr anyway (minimum wage)

We have a second year trainee 19 currently on 10k he drives (us all mad) and does do maints, small breakdowns, and goes on call,  we have promised to put him up to 12k around xmas time if he behaves.

Pete

23797[/snapback]

12k :o tell him not to spend it all at once..hope the call outs worth it..

Gaz what were you earning aged 19? remember this guy only works 4 days a week the other day he,s on day release so he doesn't really earn his keep.

We pay our fully qualified engineers 20k I know its not as much as the nationals but we don't treat any of our staff like a number.

(And I know I was a number once)

Pete

23947[/snapback]

at 19 i was earning £19.5k but that was in marine controls and working away..but some 19 year olds at //.National Installer.// are on £16/17k basic

Archived