Security Installer Community

Castle Cate Tech 1700 - Post-Powercut Oddness.

blacksmith

As Peter states Gardtec Risco 601 supports iD with an additional interface, it is not a particularly cheap option and really serves older gardtec installs.

my advice, go for the LightSys with all the modern advantages like remote control via phone, text or cloud.

You will have replace detectors as it uses addressable BUS connections, but this saves a rewire.

Surprises just me how many engineers throw their hands up in grief at the mention of converting away from iD systems - so whats the problem Matt?

But look first at your cables capacity, modern wiring is wire 2 for the zone using resistors (DOEL) and 2 for power for powering detectors. many fitters use 8 core throughout, leaving spares for later. So if you add a psu in the loft you can get 4 or more - with fancy resistor zone splitting - conventional detectors to the panel from the loft via 8 core. use a zone expander, you can get 4 8 16 zones down a 4 core cable depends how many detectors you have - or need. it really is not a problem to any experienced capable engineer, but obviously additional cost for bits.

which ever kit, until you decorate find a suitable backing, perhaps a tile or knock up a design on your computer using stiff card to put over the damage for now, laminated works well.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

my advice, go for the LightSys with all the modern advantages like remote control via phone, text or cloud.

Only time I ever saw the lightsys was at IFSEC and it didn't work.  The rep was highly embarrssed and tried to steer me away to something else in a typical suited, slimey, salesmen manner.

It did not look the easier keypad (from an end user POV) to use at all..  Reminded me of the XPC.

Would steer well clear.

My issues with ID are quite simple

1) migration to eol is expensive and often a rewire as the ones we've come across are wired in 4 core

2) it's a dead technology with manufacturers dropping support for it

3) the panels that do support it are expensive

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

It is good kit, but needs an engineer ti get the best out of it tbh (when did Risco have any ;) ).

like all makes, when you switch theirs some things you really like and then one's you don't. I think trade stands are a very hard place to get a real hands on idea, the noise is distracting and we tend to subconsciously judge response between the timing between finger press and the hearing bleep. so best used to listen to the blurb then order one in for testing in peace and quiet.

Mr H and several others dislike the touch screen keypad sensitivity, while i have had no issue with them (well - once i removed the screen protector lol!). My bad habit when programming is to steady my hand on the keypad with my little pinky, not allowed with touch screen, get all kinds of upset results :) but i do like the white iPad tablet look.

You can fit the big ProSys keypad if you don't mind industrial looks, but the smaller standard one is perfectly suitable

In truth, any modern system you only read it rarely, or press its buttons, single key set and or fob. once used to it mist use their phone.

i prog via lead as soon as it starts up. The agility once configured, can work completely without a keypad using any registered phone.

makes me think keypads will return to inside cupboards, while the CU is now taken out of them.

My issues with ID are quite simple

1) migration to eol is expensive and often a rewire as the ones we've come across are wired in 4 core

2) it's a dead technology with manufacturers dropping support for it

3) the panels that do support it are expensive

all reasons why i no longer use it - with a wistful regret tbh.

imhoIt is a technology that could have advanced a lot futher, with diagnostic inputs for mask, detectir voltage etc.

afaik Risco addressable BUS is the nearest to iD not needing expanders and on '4 core' wiring. think a lot od issues was often too many detectors on just a single pair for power. and poor connections.

Archived