Security Installer Community

Writing Iphone Apps.

GalaxyGuy

Well, it's 2014 and I'm forcing myself to start looking at porting the Galaxy virtual keypad Android app over to the iPhone. I bought an iMac for this task over a year ago, but only managed to spend a few hours here and there trying to get my head around Xcode and writing some very basic apps.

So far I've managed to get the interface working in the iOS emulator, but still a long way to go.

Anyone else doing anything interesting ?

screenshot.JPG

I use SQL quite a bit, but haven't used triggers at all.  Most of the transformation and computation that I do is performed external to the database, but I can see the benefits triggers bring for housekeeping and anything that involves big data transactions.

Watching telly.

Lol,  I got bored with TV and the news years ago. I do force myself to sit and watch alongside the wife occasionally though.

It's come from MAS really. There are tons of SQL jobs done and it is stored procedure city (about 5000) so the client does relatively little other than call stored procedures. The triggers are for replication and archiving. When you change any data in the table a trigger makes it replicated m store the old values and who changed what why and when. Now they are moving from powerbuilder to .net the decision to do so much in the database I'm sure they are pleased they went down that route.

Watching telly.

Exciting :)

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Doing a virus removal but probably will end up being a full software rebuild on an arc videoconferencing telehealth system in the garage, doing it via remote desktop on the ipad while playing with the wee one.

Triggers are good for logging call response times rather than relying on the server to log the time the call hits the rack and the terminal logging the time a response is actioned, ntp is good but not infallible.

Well, it's 2014 and I'm forcing myself to start looking at porting the Galaxy virtual keypad Android app over to the iPhone. I bought an iMac for this task over a year ago, but only managed to spend a few hours here and there trying to get my head around Xcode and writing some very basic apps.

So far I've managed to get the interface working in the iOS emulator, but still a long way to go.

Anyone else doing anything interesting ?

screenshot.JPG

sadly i'm not clever enough and would not have the time if i was to write apps, i leave a desktop computer at home on and hooked to a modem and internet, using my iphone or iPad linked to it, from site i can do most of what i need on the home computer over remote desktop siftware, including raising invoices statements etc on top of any remote kit programming.

obviously i can use the clients own pc if needed to do the same, no need to carry lumpy lappy on holiday so works for me a treat over skype :).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived