Security Installer Community

Best Dvr

kingkongdaz

Indeed they do.

This is my home modem/router/firewall/DMZ.

I'd pay money to see the guys face who was tasked to  install a maplin DVR trying to setup port forwarding :)

Recently had a problem on a site where remote viewing suddenly failed. Site visit immediately showed up the problem.

Talk talk had been in and fitted a new router.

Yep, changed to different lan address and failed to setup the ports. Even lady of the house said he appeared clueless.

Indeed they do.

I'd pay money to see the guys face who was tasked to  install a maplin DVR trying to setup port forwarding :)

Another quality 4i installation there.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Recently had a problem on a site where remote viewing suddenly failed. Site visit immediately showed up the problem.

Talk talk had been in and fitted a new router.

Yep, changed to different lan address and failed to setup the ports. Even lady of the house said he appeared clueless.

I'm not sure what raining their 'engineers' get? But as they are the lower price point providor probably not hiring the brain of Britain.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Indeed they do.

Did you order all the kit required, connect it all up and literally throw it in the corner?  :proud:

Another quality 4i installation there.

It was all in a nice neat cabinet but mrs Matt has changed everything around which involved the cabinet vacating. The have got a new home but the cables need extending and rerouting and that involves loss of Internet so in the meantime it's all just dumped in the spare room as you can see.

Extension plugged into extension plugged into extension...

Correct and the total load is less than an amp so with 13a rated flex don't see it much as an issue.

One we have done an install, we have someone who just does all our port forwarding £25 is all he charges...

That's quite expensive IMO. You could just learn how to do it yourself?

I know, but to be honest I just can't be bothered.  I have two businesses here in Leeds so going from one to the other can be a nightmare sometimes.  

Considering your margins are already thin to non existent, that £25 is quite a chunk for what is a few minutes work.