Security Installer Community

Sensor Location Floorplan Check

MarkusG

I've had a bit of a lurk around the forum and I wondered if you guys could give my plans for the addition of an alarm system to my small 3 bed house a quick look over.

My queries are:

1. Should I add additional PIR's in the other bedrooms or maybe just one additional one on the landing?

2. Do the locations of the sensors look sensible?

3. I have been looking at a Texecom Premier wired system and intend to run the cabling as a star configuration in 8 core cable. Is this of reasonable quality? Are there any known issues or errata with them?

Any tips would be appreciated.

post-63837-0-15820500-1387637145_thumb.j

Guessing the ones in the middle are ceiling detectors!

DT yes but I wouldn't personally put a smoke in the garage either, save it for the hall, a heat or RoR seems more appropriate in the garage.

Lounge and Bed PIR is facing a window but if mirrored optics less of an issue.

Landing deffo needs one two, otherwise its up the stairs during the EE timer, into any other bed and

gone again all before you even get an alarm... As I guess the hallway will be on Access.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Thanks guys.

The sensors that are in the middle of the garage and hall were to be mounted off of the RSJ that runs across there that the upper floor sits off of. With the hall i was trying to stop false triggers from the letterbox etc and so that it didnt have to be on the ee timer? Where would you guys put one in these rooms?

Ill add a pir to kitchen, and change to a heat sensor in the garage. Am i better off just then adding a pir in each of the other two bedrooms and not worrying with one on the landing then all entry routes are pir covered?

For the sake of a few quid I'd say stick a PIR on the landing too. The earlier you can detect an intruder the better IMO. Also, if you're using smoke/heats connected to your intruder alarm, make sure you fit an internal sounder with a decent volume level on the landing to wake anybody sleeping in the bedrooms if there's a fire.

Trade Member

I agree with above too. Speakers up and down for the system tones.

Positions look good, use Quad PIR's for the house and a DT in the garage.

Depending on the garage door it's best to use a roller shutter type for this

Also bear in mind how much current all that will take, you may require a PSU.

You may as well use a Premier PSU200XP as you are already over 8 zones.