Security Installer Community

Relocating Security Room

shieldssecurity

Hi,

We have a site with approximately 50 cameras viewed at one point in a building.

Most of the cameras are static and there are about 6 PTZ. there are different makes and models and all have been cabled in either RG59

or with cat 5.

This building is being demolished so the customer wants to view from another building about 150meters away.

I would like to install a device of some sort near the old building which we can take the cables to and then give us the facility of either transmitting or some other way of sending all 50 cameras together with the PTZ facility to the new location.

We would then like to install the DVR's and approx. 6 to 8 monitors in the new security room.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

Is there a new building going in its place?

I'd probably fit a cabinet of some sort like the green BT ones in the street and take cables from there to the new building.

Preferred method would be cabling between the cab and the new DVR location.

The old building is being knocked down in a couple of years but they want the changeover now.

It would be hard to run cables so I was thinking of maybe broadband, network of some sort, transmitter.

Its going to be a hard one

"25 years of experience has taught us to care about the smaller jobs and given us the expertise to succeed in the larger ones"

Archived