Security Installer Community

Recovery Software

Cubit

I agree. We used it before we virtualised and had so many servers. Loved the product but I think acronis need to get real in the server pricing model unless they want everyone to use a pirate bay version.

Lol. It is a lot. We have safety net after safety net as losing the data isn't an option. It also means if one site is completely burned to the floor we carry on without any loss in service at all inc phones. Simply put we would be ****** if we lost those virtual machines.

Most of our business is running on automation so any failure in it is bad bad news.

To give you an idea in backups this has 4 dedicated servers, 80tb of storage at each side for the point in time backups and consumes around 1 1/2tb a month in bandwidth.

reckon your set-up is trifle bigger than mine, lol

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Only 58 servers, i'll be caught up with you soon.

Adi

Hold your horses with regard to buying Acronis.

2015 release had major problems with Win8

Seems the 2014 release is having similar with 8.1

Paragon Hard Disk Manager1 14 is on my list try out. Doesn't have all the clever features Acronis has but it apparently doesn't have the 8.1 problems either.

also got better tools for disc management such as formatting, partitioning, uefi etc

I pay a few pounds to have a huge SkyDrive account. Why not let that handle it and sync to multiple machines as well?

Also if you have a spare old pc about make it a Linux server and use affa. Depending on the space required i could then back it all up in the cloud, or you could have another at home backing up work. We use that.

all data on main server at work. Backed up every 4 hours locally and also in 3 different off site locations. Its incremental backup useing rsync. Saved me a few times

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I run the 2013 version on a desktop mainly for the continuous file backup, never had a problem with Win 7

It's win8 where the problems start.

The 1st release of ATI 2013 was claimed to be Win* compliant, turns out it wasn't. An update was required to sort it.

2014 release suffered the same fate when win8.1 came out.

The problem was, acronis denied there was a problem and blamed others

With the updates the product is fine - but without the updates and using uefi you can find the backup don't work. And that's why i've had to use Recuva,

I pay a few pounds to have a huge SkyDrive account. Why not let that handle it and sync to multiple machines as well?

Also if you have a spare old pc about make it a Linux server and use affa. Depending on the space required i could then back it all up in the cloud, or you could have another at home backing up work. We use that.

all data on main server at work. Backed up every 4 hours locally and also in 3 different off site locations. Its incremental backup useing rsync. Saved me a few times

reckon space required would be miniscule.

not sure if its worth resurecting my old PC, its years old and in bits. But maybe worth aquiring one just for back-ups.

Would an external hard drive not surfice??

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Archived