Security Installer Community

Remote Cctv System Design And Connection

GWA-ISC

Yep definately, if you're after half decent electrical bits like MK, for us its 10 minutes to there or 20-30 right the other side of the town

and forget the likes of Wilts / Neweys weekends unless you want to try the weekend DIY hell of Screwfix.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Yep definately, if you're after half decent electrical bits like MK, for us its 10 minutes to there or 20-30 right the other side of the town

and forget the likes of Wilts / Neweys weekends unless you want to try the weekend DIY hell of Screwfix.

mk isn't as good as it used to be imo,still my choice tho..

Agreed, but the worst happened the first few years.

Remember when the plateswitches used to have the proper modules behind them - basically same as the grids?

Then they changed to those cheapo inserts instead. Only the 3 gang switch has the original bits.

However, a load of it, esps 13A sockets and spurs is now made in the UK again, AFAIK, after being moved to
Malaysia for a while where the backboxes are plugs still are.

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

You're way wide of the mark.

The big retailers do not waste money.

I can assure you they save money with their systems, even though they may spend £15-20 million/annum on them.

So 'dear' why say i'm so wide of the mark? Matters not the spend, because thats not ever a measure of true effectiveness.

Even if their systems were top notch with amazing images, as i said earlier incidents tie up managerial staff in making copies, giving statements, attending court with no guarantee of a worthwhile sentence of even the return of goods or real costs.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

It's a joy to work with compared to some of the cheap tat we come across.

Spurs and sockets especially.

it is,but I've had a few spurs with threaded terms,not good,tho all sockets switches and cu in my house are mk,I'll forgive the odd duff term for now..lol

B&q use track camera's on most that cover most of the stores, all down to the risk

Also the fire exits are 24hr

Might be so in the B&q mega sheds but never seen it in any branch not in this one.

I suggested the alarm should be on 24 hour/chime but by the time anyone gets there they are long gone. Staff not too keen to get into a struggle either.

TBh i have installed Tracam into Romford APC', days of the PCB track version (now inductive ), if not being actively used it will likely be left parked in the wrong place, and in any case bit ott for a house imho.

Back ti the OP, suggest look at alarms with camera directors such as Risco Agility, google on facebook to see demo. Their are others i think by Visonic.

With alarm armed if that detector is tripped it will transmit stills to your smartphone, so your strong room could be protected at a reasonable cost.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived