Security Installer Community

Remote Cctv System Design And Connection

GWA-ISC

Forget that one at WsM - cannot remember the last time I actually saw the (one) till being manned, Always S/C only!

I don't do self serve tills,I use trade point in b&q,and i just queue in other stores..

Got to say I barely use it.

But when I bought an Abru ladder recently, the gap between the catalogue I had (out of date), the price on the shelf,

and the new tradepoint price had narrowed from £15 to £5 difference.

Having a scheme which virtually anyone can join and highlights that you're paying more than the man next to you who

has a bit of plastic is sure to annoy people.

When I built the office though Wickes beat the hell out of the TradePoint on sand, gravel, blocks etc... and that was just

Joe Public prices. And delivered the bulk bags FOC for a much smaller order total.

Sc is the future

To a point. I'd say the retailers real holy grail is 'NO checkout'.

Didn't they show a US version about 20 years ago on tomorrows world where they just pushed a filled supermarket trolley though a doorway

and the total was automatically counted and debited from the customers account?

I still remember the free tea and cake at the local Asda to 'celebrate' the opening of their new scanning tills!

So, I've decided to take my work back underground.... to stop it falling into the wrong hands

Got to say I barely use it.

But when I bought an Abru ladder recently, the gap between the catalogue I had (out of date), the price on the shelf,

and the new tradepoint price had narrowed from £15 to £5 difference.

Having a scheme which virtually anyone can join and highlights that you're paying more than the man next to you who

has a bit of plastic is sure to annoy people.

When I built the office though Wickes beat the hell out of the TradePoint on sand, gravel, blocks etc... and that was just

Joe Public prices. And delivered the bulk bags FOC for a much smaller order total.

To a point. I'd say the retailers real holy grail is 'NO checkout'.

Didn't they show a US version about 20 years ago on tomorrows world where they just pushed a filled supermarket trolley though a doorway

and the total was automatically counted and debited from the customers account?

I still remember the free tea and cake at the local Asda to 'celebrate' the opening of their new scanning tills!

see quite a few trades if you like at trade point,they claim to be cheaper than trade suppliers,must be on some things as there always busy,electrical is cheaper at wholesalers imo,tho b&q are life savers on a Sunday morning when to need something asap.

Archived