Security Installer Community

Risco Agility 3

paul44

I find a failure rate of 30% hard to believe. Have you highlighted this to the manufacturer?

Yea have spoke to them, sent all the defective kit back etc. The faults arnt huge ones, but enough to have customers ringing up saying it isn't working. For example the keypad not connecting to the panel. The ones with problems normally connect 2nd or 3rd try, however if your a customer who has just paid out a wad of cash forĀ  new system, you want it to work. As matt said its normally a panel problem.

Edited by paul44

One thing with Risco...wait a few months while their new products take time to bed in as they say.

Mind you I remember the problems with texecom ricochet and they are still ongoing so it is a bit unfair to say its only Risco!

Don't get me wrong texecom address the issue but how many software updates are required?

That means an engineer on site at company cost.

!

Honeywell will not address any issues, texecom say system requires software updates all the time, Risco bring out new equipment that doesn't work as it should do, HKC have had a problem with dialing in and the system was unset overnight......... So let's make one thing clear...

Everyone states Risco tat but every manufacturer has their problems.

The one thing that annoys me is texecom state a software upgrade which cost time to send engineer out so can you bill texecom for this time on site?

I would be pissed at the amount of updates a texecom system requires!

I would have to argue how many Risco systems get installed and are good compared to texecoms that when a fault comes up requires an engineer visit to upgrade software?

!

It's a real shame you can't do a firmware update remotely like you can a webway SPT then at least you wouldn't incur the cost of going to site.

Agreed it isn't just Risco with issues. ATS was stable as concrete until the recent release and even the mighty ATS has had to have a few proms changed.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/