Security Installer Community

Risco Experts Required

timmo66

thread starts with RISCO experts needed, apart from me none of you even claim to fit it Risco beyond numpty ability level - so why respond?

i got pinged in another thread, post deleted and being told 'not o push it Arf' yet having asked via pm i still have not a clue what i did 'wrong'.

so perhaps i'm missing the point?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

PTM, Isn't that the Plug-on Transfer Module. ?

Plug on adapter for software retrieval & re-writing

correct, the panel is issued in 'default' mode which expects the PTM - no idea why though as i've never used one preferring UDL.

the PTM is only good for one system at a time, so i can't really see the economic reason for most installers to buy them when you can just to back up an individual system per PTM. But say you do, then either you leave it on site for any emergency restore of have a library of them back at the office.

Its an Ideal tool if you do an estate of new builds with identical parameters

Saying that, I have one and never used it

ditto!

the innovative piggy back eprom was on the Karizma +, but that was a very cheap option.

Risco supply the LightSys components as separate items, so you can have a stock of the main pcbs without the boxes, PSU's etc.

you can easily put the control pcb's on a jig and upload in the office from a PC with the basic programming preferences.

Archived