Security Installer Community

Risco Experts Required

timmo66

beats me to tbh. earlier Gardtec panels were not to sophisticated imho they take some beating for sheer reliability.

releasing the Prosys, LightSys and Agility they stepped a large pace forward, be interesting to see where they now going under Risco.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Not sure why Risco is overlooked? Always found the equipment very good.

Reliabilty imo is where they fall.

I loved the idea of the touchscreen rkp for looks ect, liked the layout/room in the panel, liked the bus and radio compatability, but what we didnt like was call outs, risco came to check site and couldn't sort it so m series with mr node put in, not one call in 2 years apposed to a couple dozen in 2 months.

We find this with most risco products, good ideas sometimes nice looking, price also good but it just doesen't give you confidence when you drive away. :(

We've only been fitting them for the past year and a half or so, but found reliability pretty good. Only a few return visits when we first started fitting them, but they were down to us, not the equipment.

Having said that we don't fit their detectors unless wireless, so no problems there.

What have you had issues with?

Occasionally a wireless detector kills the battery well before its time, delete and re-enrol seems to be the cure. Sometimes a detector will be seen as a flood alarm during enrolment, but easily changed in programming, bit of a niggle but not imho a killer problem.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Its a long list of our troubles, but i think the panel had just launched so maybe more reliable as that was a few years ago now.

We have used various risco kit from panels to beams ect but haven't stuck with any product so far, the boss is good friends with darren and always got sold stuff to try but as darren is not there anymore we dont have anything from them.

Most of the I/A kit we use is cooper+texe and really have very little complaints.

Actually ill admit the only thing i see wrong is the build quality of the profile keypads. Contour keypads slightly better as the flap makes them more rigid.

Coming from strictly scantronic, i was used to big and bulky keypads (not so much the modern scanny keypads though). On the riscos the wall has only got to be slightly out to make the front plate sit wrong, which makes the buttons have a mind of their own bcos of the stupid removeable pad.

But other than that...... :)

Archived