Security Installer Community

Iphone 5 Sync Problem

BUSTER

I have an iphone 5, just had a new VW transporter with in built satvav, my phone snycs to our exchange server. The problem is it syncs all the contacts no problem there but then it takes all the email addresses from my outlook contacts and sets them up as a separate contact so for example I have three email addresses and on the iphone I now take up 4 spaces as contacts so instead of having 820 contacts (the satnav accepts 1000) I finish up with over 1400 so when the iphone tries to sync with the satnav I finish up with loads of contacts missing. Does anyone no a way to stop the iphone syncing the separate email addresses?

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

not sure as i don't have a '5 or your satnav.

possible problem is if you have several contact lists as in WORK, PERSONAL, FREINDS etc. you can choose to display all or those you need. if set to ALL likely you have the same contact recorded in 2 or more lists, then you sync to pc, then you sync to cloud, back to iPad and thats when it gets reeeeeeeeally complicated :).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Sorted it, in outlook there is a 'suggested contacts' database, there was 500 email addresses in it, if I received an email from anyone not in my contact list it has put them in this 'suggested contacts' list. Just deleted them all and hey presto back to 820 contacts and satnav syncs ok

On the phone front I don't particularly like the iphone, its not designed to be a phone,such a pain to call someone, on my old windows phone I had a tile for each regular contact, one push and it dialled them, I now have to select phone then favourites and then the contact

The windows phone also could read out my text messages through the satnav, don't think the iphone can

Have been looking at the Galaxy Note, that looks slick, note 3 is out next month will wait and have a look.

Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company

to be fair arf you think risco stuff is good. So id guess you put iphone in the same bracket. We do actually have a viewpoint in common

not my fault you have no class ;)

not sure of the point being made tbh James?

op already has the iPhone (showing class), no idea if he likes Risco or not (jury still out), just the expeience i have had on mine.

not sure with sweet bean Android or Windiws stuff, but with iPhone/padbyou choose to sync to pc or cloud, you cold have my details as a freend on ipad, and as a collegue on iPhone, and the other way round on an iphone. so you end up with duplicated entrues when yiu sync to cloud.

i sync my phone ti cloud and pad to pc to stop that and don't bother with m$ outlook.

i sync my phone ti cloud and pad to pc to stop that and don't bother with m$ outlook.

I don't have a choice with exchange server

Sorted it, in outlook there is a 'suggested contacts' database, there was 500 email addresses in it, if I received an email from anyone not in my contact list it has put them in this 'suggested contacts' list. Just deleted them all and hey presto back to 820 contacts and satnav syncs ok

On the phone front I don't particularly like the iphone, its not designed to be a phone,such a pain to call someone, on my old windows phone I had a tile for each regular contact, one push and it dialled them, I now have to select phone then favourites and then the contact

The windows phone also could read out my text messages through the satnav, don't think the iphone can

Have been looking at the Galaxy Note, that looks slick, note 3 is out next month will wait and have a look.

you can make shortcuts for contacts, move them to the same page, them move them into boxes (folders) named as required, look in the manual.

iOS it is a steep learning curve, coming from windows mobile (as i did), i found the shear reliability, lack of glitches and superior battery life (imho without any battery whatever the phone, you have a very expensive table levelling wedge), just makes it well worth while.

i reakon u use activesync.

but no your right apple is way better. risco wise. really? surely that horse is dead by now

We all have our favourites, horses for courses tbh James,

the area i work in is mainly upper end executive private houses (or their kids starter flats), not being registered i don't do much commercial, partly because of insurance needs and tbh more likely to be damaged and needing a call - so pubs and clubs are avoided.

so i have no need for all singing all dancing multi million zone Gal type kit. Risco kit fits the part of the market i inhabit - reliability us more important, they are not one shot wonders or made in far east, or always updating firmware and causing grief.

Risco allows me the occasional commercial excursion, as in that recent warehouse, to bigger systems where the registered installer was way bellow parr - thats me being polite.

i see no need to change make, especially with the Lightsys that i'm personally finding very impressive.

Regarding Risco kit, tbh moving over from the now ageing Gardtec and reducing range, is very like changing maker completely, just eased by wireless detector compatibility.

Learning the Wisdom, ProSys Agility and now Lightsys programming structures and features is a lot different to the familiar G4/5/8 structures that has very similar menus through the ranges, biggest issues are really getting to know the americanisms in terminology.

if i was switching over to Gal or Tex kit, it would likely be far easier to learn but that Gal keypad = really a big no thanks, and those Tex Rio's an even bigger no thanks.

Archived