Security Installer Community

Galaxy 16+

close. But secware don't currently have a utc deal

Lol. We pay £51 for an Aritech keypad which I don't think is too steep. As I remember galaxy was £80ish mark? I remember when they were £100

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Based on the materials - less than £25.   Shouldn't be more than the panel anyway.  Not complex technology and by the looks of some, they've been designed in someones tea break - perhaps a bit harsh, but not many are decent looking. Hopefully at some point there will be flush mount capacitive screens, or perhaps no need for a keypad at all.

I think no interface (im not saying keypad as we know it) is a long way off, but the r&d required for the backend is high. Easy way to recoup that is keypads even though they are the simpler bits. Its not an easy one imo gg

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

This works for the companies, but seems risky to me.  If another vendor designed a decent looking keypad that was protocol & i/f compatible with required approvals, then they could sell to the market at half the margin and still make profit.

Nothing to stop anyone making better looking compatible devices.  Perhaps just not enough profit / volume in alarm keypads to make it worthwhile???

Agreed. Just a device to report back to the big eye in the sky.  Or were you thinking more minority report style ? ;)

I just see the whole keypad scenario being a bit like TV remotes. Many TV vendors had their own protocols - generic devices came along which emulate the protocols to become compatible.  At least the remote wasn't being sold for more than the TV to recoup the indirect costs of the whole range.

Archived