Security Installer Community

365 Day Time Clock Wanted - Diferent Times For Bank Holidays

Paul P

Sometimes budgets don't match up with requirements.

Very true,

But in truth is this job in such in need of a high requirement here?

Limking to the slarm, 1'm not vcomgortabe with tbh. get a fault gate may or may not be released, fire brigade may have been called out, how do they get in and so on. This is faiily ersatile and i'd day designed for the job competent for the task, needs no computer, has excellent user filtering bia unknown number rejection.

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

You should look at the Texecom, good excuse to upgrade that Gardtec ;)

We do now fit Texecom as standard but only fitted the gardtec last year, it's going to be a days and a halfs work just for a nice timer though.

Also they guys are have issues with them, so not 100% comfortable with there kit at present.

Trade Member

I have found one by Rutherford controls but awaiting a sensible answer from the boss as to whether to get it.

from googling it seems a very expensive range?

From what info you have given, is there a real need to program a year ahead? that Drayton 7 day heating programmer has 4 windows per day, separate on/off (and heat which you would set to max temp), settings available for all seven days, and auto changes BST GSM.

so set it up for a normal week, you can set several weeks 'holiday' where it ignores the period timings, ideal over Christmas so bank holiday coming up you set the holiday the last day of work.

having done that, the suspend period starts immediately, so you need a simple exit delay timer, or have it overridden while your alarm is unset as you will need (i assume) to get out through the barrier if no wicket gate.

only 'flaw' i can see is the timer is mains powered, if on a separate source to the gate and power fails it might come open. 'ON' periods means it is when you will get an output, so use a mains relay which you might have to do to isolate mains. if you can't modify, or treat using off's for when the gate is active, on's for gate closed.

i still think the Eldes GSM unit with its remote control operation via simple phone texts offers the most 'bang for buck' though. add you only need 4 connections and a sim card. it accepts 12 -36 volts ac or dc, so will run off the barrier control unit - has 7 schedules what more do you need?

From what info you have given, is there a real need to program a year ahead? that Drayton 7 day heating programmer has 4 windows per day, separate on/off (and heat which you would set to max temp), settings available for all seven days, and auto changes BST GSM.

so set it up for a normal week, you can set several weeks 'holiday' where it ignores the period timings, ideal over Christmas so bank holiday coming up you set the holiday the last day of work.

having done that, the suspend period starts immediately, so you need a simple exit delay timer, or have it overridden while your alarm is unset as you will need (i assume) to get out through the barrier if no wicket gate.

only 'flaw' i can see is the timer is mains powered, if on a separate source to the gate and power fails it might come open. 'ON' periods means it is when you will get an output, so use a mains relay which you might have to do to isolate mains. if you can't modify, or treat using off's for when the gate is active, on's for gate closed.

i still think the Eldes GSM unit with its remote control operation via simple phone texts offers the most 'bang for buck' though. add you only need 4 connections and a sim card. it accepts 12 -36 volts ac or dc, so will run off the barrier control unit - has 7 schedules what more do you need?

are you on commission?

Archived