Security Installer Community

Live Dummy, To Sign Or Not To Sign

Half of sales is just getting trusted and getting your foot in the door, depends where it is imho, but why turn down an opportunity to up-sell or capture neighbours?

I don't thinking cornering the professionally installed flashing dummy bell box market is going be the most profitable uses of companies time.

I doubt a professionally installed flashing dummy bell box is going to lead to any jobs which are'nt professionally installed flashing dummy bell boxes

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

my ladders are carried under the floor, and are off the van and this fat git me them in seconds - i'll be 64 soon.

not advertising i'm less likely to get asked by j/p. if the opportunity arose i would not drive hours especially, but i'd agree as long as it is convenient when i'm in the area, and suggest ask neighbours/family, to make it worth while, like a sort of subsidised advertising. be wary id posting quantity, in case some sparky wanted to add more 'credibility' to his pj's.

knocking out solar powered LEDs fixed inside cheap dummy bell boxes for self instal, is arf's best 'dragons den' moment to date, they could be gnome shaped

(knob shaped before norman says it ;) ).

btw - - you flogging off any of your signed covers for market research?

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

We looked at the led kits from Risco a while ago and have one in the office to see how long the led lasts. Been there 8 months and it still flashing.

I'd tell him to look on eBay, plenty of dummy's with LEDs for around £15. ( less than we charge for a dummy) and get the windo cleaner to fit it with sme double sided tape.

A client i had asked me to fit a mains neon in his bell covers, i declined saying not safe, and installed the alarm. Eventually got the 2 sons systems, and several family/friends. Been a big client over the years.

Passed the house a few months later, about 6 blank covers all with neons, and all the others have had them to.

Guess the sparks thought it worth while :).

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived