Security Installer Community

The Dental Thread

As suggested here by Oxo,

http://www.thesecurityinstaller.co.uk/community/topic/34167-g2-siren-current-draw-again/page-2

and after all the kind help (albeit with a certain degree of piss taking :P) you guys have given me over the years, this thread is an opportunity to give something back.

So, any questions about teeth in general, including implants, fire away :)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't see how to transfer quotes so,

Oxo said:

So Driller, what else is needed. Just applied for a freebie new Colgate toothpaste on the market (Check FB) but generally use Sensodyne and Oral B toothpastes alternating. As one is for whitening and the other for general good hygiene. Change the Oral B lekky brush head every 3 months.

Have to admit oral hygiene was poor in the past especially with smoking ( Stopped 10 yrs ago).

Any suggestions for more years with all the nashers with a reasonable "white" finish. (Thinking about a "bleaching"), but will the crown not be affected?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually for cleaning the type/make etc of toothpaste doesn't make any difference as most of the cleaning effect is from the brush, the toothpaste is there just to help things along a bit.  If you've got sensitive choppers though Sensodyne is very good.

Oral-B electric brush is very good and good value at £15 or £20, no need for a £100+ gadget.

I'm all for whitening although prices vary (!), crown won't be affected at all so in fact you have to be careful depending where it is to avoid looking like a zebra crossing!

sjsTurner said:

didnt know we had our own dentist on here!

i had root canal about two years ago and occasionally get pain in the same place normally after eating chocolate and other

rubbish,is that normal? he didnt even numb it when doing the rct it hurt like a biatch especially afterwards for about 5 hours!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you're getting pain when eating chocolate this suggests a nerve involved on a decayed or sensitive tooth so maybe the next tooth along which is not root treated?

Otherwise if the pain is happening when you bite down on a hard bit a chocolate this would suggest the root treatment has failed.  Do cold things hurt the tooth in question? 

ETA which tooth was root treated BTW?

ETA2 Beat you to it, I transfered your post from the other thread :)

Edited by Driller

Cold stuff no. In fact cold water calms it down

Top 6 teeth to the right. One of those double ones!

Bet i sound like a right tard lol!

It is rarley bad pain now but seems to happen with chocolate and fast food ect

( all the bad stuff )

Well usually if cold calms a tooth pain this suggests infection which suggests the RCT (root canal therapy) has failed.

At this point I need to state the caveat that I can't guarantee anything a 100% I write on here as I only have descriptions to go by!

The 6 tooth is a molar with three roots and normally 3 canals.  Sometimes however the ones at the top can have 4 canals which can catch a dentist out from time to time.  I've root treated this tooth before now and had to go back in later to find and fill the hidden 4th canal after the patient complains of discomfort.

Try tapping (gently!) on the tooth with the end of a knife handle.  If it's more sensitive to this than those around then this tooth is probably the problem. 

ETA cause the bloody number lock was off!

Edited by Driller

Thanks Driller.

The Oral B was £40 in Boots down from £100 :-

But a good thing in my book. Glad you agree, as I thought the crown will not be affected by the bleaching so if I went that route would be a minefield as it is the Central Incisor ( looked that up lol). To be fair teeth are straight and although not brilliant white not too bad.

The filling that was changed, has fallen out again. So not going back to that silly cow again. Doubt another will do it for free. As no pain leaving it for a bit until less busy and can get the time to do it. Might have the fooker pulled instead if it looks like it will fall out again. A crown is just toooooo fookin expensive!

Way to go for doing the thread though, hope some get use from it.

Well usually if cold calms a tooth pain this suggests infection which suggests the RCT (root canal therapy) has failed.

At this point I need to state the caveat that I can't guarantee anything a 100% I write on here as I only have descriptions to go by!

The 6 tooth is a molar with three roots and normally 3 canals. Sometimes however the ones at the top can have 4 canals which can catch a dentist out from time to time. I've root treated this tooth before now and had to go back in later to find and fill the hidden 4th canal after the patient complains of discomfort.

Try tapping (gently!) on the tooth with the end of a knife handle. If it's more sensitive to this than those around then this tooth is probably the problem.

ETA cause the bloody number lock was off!

cheers dude!

Il see how long i can bear it.

Only got it done originally because couldent sleep for 2 days and was on my knees with pain

Right Driller!!

About 10 years ago I was in a club in Magaluf when I decided to jump of the first floor balcony into the foam below. This was to impress the many burds in their bikinis below.

The landing was a good one but I never measured the skid and I hit my head of a concrete post causing small chips in my front teeth. The head was sorted at hospital but I never bothered about my teeth.

You can't see the damage from the front but behind the tooth.

Now try are very sensitive especially when the hygienist gets her way with the scraper thing.

Is it a nerve thing again?

A fat welsh burd was well impressed with the jump though!!!

!

Can't really remember jumping as it was the 13th hour into a booze sesh but the boys I was with said if the concrete post wasn't there it would have been an epic dive.

Charlotte Church plus 10 stone but every hole was a goal in those days lol!

Things you do when your young and free.

!

But a big welsh burd from the valleys as they say!

Tbh she was a nice lass and drunk us scots boys under the table...... I'm sure I ended up under the table with her one night lol.

As for being on call, not really had much this year tbh.

I was ready to stay in Magaluf and had a job lined up when I was 23 working on maintaining pools but had to come home to sort a few things out.

Never went back and the guy out there is living in luxury now. Should have just stayed out there.

!

One of my mates is in lanzarote and maintains ex pats swimming pools. Pulls in about 400 euros a week. Then on the side he install cameras to the local restaurants, pubs and clubs for extra dosh.

Supposedly they are crying out for CCTV over there.

!

Ferkin 'ell, this thread got big, quick :D

Thanks Driller.

The Oral B was £40 in Boots down from £100 :-

But a good thing in my book. Glad you agree, as I thought the crown will not be affected by the bleaching so if I went that route would be a minefield as it is the Central Incisor ( looked that up lol). To be fair teeth are straight and although not brilliant white not too bad.

The filling that was changed, has fallen out again. So not going back to that silly cow again. Doubt another will do it for free. As no pain leaving it for a bit until less busy and can get the time to do it. Might have the fooker pulled instead if it looks like it will fall out again. A crown is just toooooo fookin expensive!

Way to go for doing the thread though, hope some get use from it.

I should try to at least get the filling redone, not a good idea to leave the inside of a tooth open to the elements, you can always crown it later.  Only get it pulled if it's completely shanted, teeth are precious and implants are even more expensive...

Good going on the tooth brush deal though lol!

cheers dude!
Il see how long i can bear it.
Only got it done originally because couldent sleep for 2 days and was on my knees with pain

If starts to get worse though go and see someone, an infected tooth hurts like **** as you know.

Right Driller!!
About 10 years ago I was in a club in Magaluf when I decided to jump of the first floor balcony into the foam below. This was to impress the many burds in their bikinis below.
The landing was a good one but I never measured the skid and I hit my head of a concrete post causing small chips in my front teeth. The head was sorted at hospital but I never bothered about my teeth.
You can't see the damage from the front but behind the tooth.
Now try are very sensitive especially when the hygienist gets her way with the scraper thing.
Is it a nerve thing again?
A fat welsh burd was well impressed with the jump though!!!

Well that was a bit daft :P

The sensitivity as you describe it (ie generalised and not just one tooth) probably isn't related to your "traumatic incident".  A lot of folk have sensitive teeth in this way, especially during and after cleans, myself included.  

The area around the neck of the teeth has thousands of tiny little tubes leading to the nerve in the middle.  These tubes contain a fluid and when this fluid is disturbed (either mechanically by a sadistic hygienist or by osmotic pressure changes from sugar in food or forced evaporation/expansion/contraction by hot or cold) the nerve gets a little jolt resulting in that wonderful electric shock feeling we all know and love.

Using Sensodyne helps a lot but there's probably not a lot to do about the hygienist except grin and bear it or give her a left hook if she's causing severe discomfort.

If the sensitivity is related just to that damaged tooth then maybe a resin composite (stick on) filling could help.  At any rate, if it took a shock you should at least get an xray taken of it as sometimes the tooth can die years after the shock and get infected.  An xray will confirm all ok or not.

Hope you got on ok with your fat Welsh bird.  Shame your aim wasn't better, she could have broken your fall   ;)

One of my mates is in lanzarote and maintains ex pats swimming pools. Pulls in about 400 euros a week. Then on the side he install cameras to the local restaurants, pubs and clubs for extra dosh.

Supposedly they are crying out for CCTV over there.

I wonder why!

Brits on tour me thinks!

Lanzascrottie

BTW I'm not here all the time so don't hesitate to bump a question if it doesn't get answered immediately. Maybe someone can spread the word

You can PM me too if you'd prefer not to use the open forums.

What about vannila ice,s teeth on page 1

Edited by sjsturner

I wonder why!

Brits on tour me thinks!

Lanzascrottie

What about vannila ice,s teeth on page 1

Post #13?  Nope, can't do a thing with that, sorry.  

Well, maybe smash them all out with a baseball bat but not with a view to restoring them afterwards.