Security Installer Community

Ground Loop Isolators - Cure Or Cover Up?

timmo66

I think so.power dvr off ups and then connect far cams to dvr. The ups will drop earth so you wont have ground loop problem. Or... Use extension lead and power dvr from the supply in tha far building just to see what its like

I have done this already, powered dvr and monitor from same building as cameras. Still no change. I will try the ups though.

Thursday has contributed to 83% of my already pretty bad hair loss for a 26 year old ;)

I have done this already, powered dvr and monitor from same building as cameras. Still no change. I will try the ups though.

With or without the rack?

Thursday has contributed to 83% of my already pretty bad hair loss for a 26 year old ;)

I know what its like ive been there.

I would make a list of the things to try and make notes of the outcome its very easy to forget what you have done. I would try variations

Personally i would power far cams on batt only

If there are any ac then just down power them.

Use ups at dvr and connect far cams in single baluns one by one.

Then power the far cams with their psu.

Note all changes.

Then add the rack.

You dont have pictures hovering over the real pic do you?

I know what its like ive been there.

I would make a list of the things to try and make notes of the outcome its very easy to forget what you have done. I would try variations

Personally i would power far cams on batt only

If there are any ac then just down power them.

Use ups at dvr and connect far cams in single baluns one by one.

Then power the far cams with their psu.

Note all changes.

Then add the rack.

You dont have pictures hovering over the real pic do you?

White bars across the screen and the cameras go in and out of failure every few seconds.

I am hoping to get it networked when we go back so i will give you access to see what i am talking about, or ill just take a video of it.

Baluns at cam end are decent ones?

Another thing to add to your list try powering only one cam on one cat5.

Also have you used the cat 5 for power too? If so how many pairs and what distance?

And lastly where did you get the cat5?

Your not on the limit of the distance for the NVTS are you?

I personally feel that we are for certain cameras, especially with a joint box in the middle where the client changed their mind on dvr location. But the dome is certainly no more than 100 metres away.

I am taking active baluns with me on tuesday though just in case.

Baluns at cam end are decent ones?

I have never used these particular baluns before, we normally use genie but not this time. I am going to try genie at the camera and see what happens. Dont forget though that i have the same baluns at the cameras on the dvr side that are giving perfect pictures.

I personally feel that we are for certain cameras, especially with a joint box in the middle where the client changed their mind on dvr location. But the dome is certainly no more than 100

metres away.

I am taking active baluns with me on tuesday though just in case.

I have never used these particular baluns before, we normally use genie but not this time. I am going to try genie at the camera and see what happens. Dont forget though that i have the same baluns at the cameras on the dvr side that are giving perfect pictures.

I think your going to be trying a lot of things!

But it will teach you a lot. There are so many factors involved.

I had a similar issue on a site we took over where they had multiple cams on single cat5's

Images were crossing over and when i powered one down they improved. In the end after trying ups batt different baluns different psu's moving dvr, i found the easiest solution was running more cat5's and it was sorted.

There is some poor cat5 out there that is copper coated and is poor quality.

If cat5 is carrying power they tend to suffer v drop quite bad too. Voltages been checked at cams?

I think your going to be trying a lot of things!

But it will teach you a lot. There are so many factors involved.

I had a similar issue on a site we took over where they had multiple cams on single cat5's

Images were crossing over and when i powered one down they improved. In the end after trying ups batt different baluns different psu's moving dvr, i found the easiest solution was running more cat5's and it was sorted.

There is some poor cat5 out there that is copper coated and is poor quality.If cat5 is carrying power they tend to suffer v drop quite bad too. Voltages been checked at cams?

Cat5s arent carrying power in this case but i know what your saying.

The picture quality is difficult to explain but it definately isnt crossover.

Archived