Security Installer Community

Panel consumption regular is 0.307a at 13.7v, expander consumption is 21.5v, no idea why they are different when its the same circuit board though.

You need to measure these properly with a proven multimeter.

The expander voltage is not correct on Elite panels software.

There should be two test pads on the PCB were you can measure the current, set your multimeter to mV not Amps for this.

I would think you have a faulty panel. I've seen this with a faulty ricochet expander, it takes out the expanders being assigned to it. I assume you have more than 16 wireless devices? If you have less than 8 it takes one expander slot, 9-16 takes 2 slots, 17-24 3 slots and 25-32 takes 4 slots.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

I have finally had a chance to use the meter! Power is a very stable 13.7v @320ma.

I would think you have a faulty panel. I've seen this with a faulty ricochet expander, it takes out the expanders being assigned to it. I assume you have more than 16 wireless devices? If you have less than 8 it takes one expander slot, 9-16 takes 2 slots, 17-24 3 slots and 25-32 takes 4 slots.

I have 18 zones in total but, had to start at zone 10 as zone 9 wouldn't recognise anything.

Deffo sounds like a duff panel

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

• 4 months later...

Archived