Security Installer Community

Eyes On Envisalink 3 Ip Security Interface

Matt 딜

This function is already in MASterMind, it's called archive review. Don't know about others though. If we don't get to grips with it, what position does that put us in. Can you imagine not having an app for any electronic gadget in 5-10 years time?

The non approved boys don't have all these worries, they can do what they like.

What about CCTV apps that can change DVR settings. Same issue applies.

lol ,maybe,ive had a smart phone for 6months,broke it once,have 2apps on it,megger cable calcs,and espn goals,i really dont want alarm systems on it lol..

I agree, but that is something that can not be determined on here.

I am happy so avoid them at the minute. Imagine;

Your punter: I lost my phone and I must of left my security app logged in, who would have thought they would have unset the golf clubs pro shop alarm and then proceeded to empty it.

Insurer: An app you say? (Rubbing hands together)

Your Punter: Yes its a great little thing, anyone can just unset the alarm from my phone.

Insurer: Please forward your alarm companies details, we will get back to you regarding your claim.

Then we have the Pier incident all over again, they call Aaron May, a well respected expert in the alarm industry (cough, poetic licence, cough) and he drills you into the ground.

Not for me just yet.

If data is being sent over HTTP there's no need to touch the smart phone, just sniff packets.

Why don't you like rri's?

lots really,lack of customer service,doesnt do what an engineer on site can do,cantbsee any changes to site that may have been done,and puts me out of work ..

Com4 is the Ethernet module or compatible module consuming Com4's address. The Ethernet module also includes an emulated keypad on address 15. When you log in via the Ethernet module, then you are also granted access to the traffic for the emulated keypad at address 15.   That's basically how it works.

i got that bit.

If data is being sent over HTTP there's no need to touch the smart phone, just sniff packets.

Agreed. Notice some arcs have access to the web portals as http so same applies. More worryingly. That login could get access to all the installers estate of systems, not just one. This is why we need a standard around it, so it's done properly.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

Agreed. Notice some arcs have access to the web portals as http so same applies. More worryingly. That login could get access to all the installers estate of systems, not just one. This is why we need a standard around it, so it's done properly.

Well you would need to be on the same network as me, i.e. free wifi at Starbucks but in theory yep. However SSL provides no protection against Phishing. Where there's a will there's a way  :-  

lots really,lack of customer service,doesnt do what an engineer on site can do,cantbsee any changes to site that may have been done,and puts me out of work ..

Depends how you look at it. My lot hate maintenance visits so rri's let them do the things they prefer such as fault finding and installs.

Why do you think an rri doesn't give customer service? Do we presume the customer wants to see us rather than the opposing view that its an inconvenience to the customer to be around for us to arrive? I have a number of software maintenance contracts where I pay considerably more than intruder contracts and they do it all via an electronic link. If I had to be around for them to do it, as the customer that would annoy me.

Agreed the rri can't see a new brick wall built or a detector without back tamper sat swinging on a cable because someone pulled it off a studded wall without opening the case. Is there anything else you think they rri falls short on?

Well you would need to be on the same network as me, i.e. free wifi at Starbucks but in theory yep. However SSL provides no protection against Phishing. Where there's a will there's a way  :-  

Agreed and there is only one truly unhackable way and that's not to allow any remote access. Other than that its a case of doing the best we can to make it as hard as possible so that 99% of the population wouldn't know how to do it to provide as secure system as possible whist still allowing the functionality.

I personally expect to phsically see something when im going to pay for it . So i too believe attendance is crucial for real customer service. We dont and wont entertain them for that reason.

Customer service is not about what your lot prefer to be doing matt.

We would possibly use this function foc as an interim between service visits but i couldnt see us wanting payment for it

I personally expect to phsically see something when im going to pay for it . So i too believe attendance is crucial for real customer service. We dont and wont entertain them for that reason.

Customer service is not about what your lot prefer to be doing matt.

We would possibly use this function foc as an interim between service visits but i couldnt see us wanting payment for it

they do,after 16 yrs doing the same patch i can honestly say they want to see us..

I think for the time being its in favour of the I want to see the engineer. When there is a significant cost advantage to not having the engineer show up or the buyer is a geek and is very happy with automation, I believe there will be a gradual change where on site visits disappear altogether. The other issue is let's say a school caretaker really values seeing the eng and feels great customer service and you have a relationship with the customer and its all well. The finance person (who the engineer has never seen) gets an offer to reduce the cost to the school but its rri's , do you think the finance person will choose to save money on something they have to have, or pay extra to see the friendly engineer? No right or wrong answer, market pressures will answer it for us although looking wider apart, computer automation and cost reduction seems to be the winner each time. No different with CCTV, how many people buy it so they can sack the guard and save a shed load of cash. Doesn't do quite the same job, but the cost reduction makes it favour monitored CCTV.

Archived