Security Installer Community

Progeny Access

PSE

Are any of you guys using Progeny ?

Were taking over 22 sites with their kit installed within the nest 3 weeks.

All of the installs are very basic, 300 'ish users within each of the databases
Quite basic installations really, All sites have a single P3 unit with a single door & one reader.

A few of the sites suffer heavily from mains spikes, which kills the system
I have to power cycle the unit and go into the users list and refresh it to come back online.

I contacted Progeny to ask a few questions about the database side, They were not that helpfull
They refused to speak to me about anything technical unless calling the 0906 premium number

Progeny can knob off if they think Im calling a premium rate for support on their own product

So, Who uses it, What do you think of it.  Do I take them on or walk away

Appreciate your views on this

I suspect you weren't faced with stiff opposition to win the job.

Not a market favourite, product wise, but obviously has a following.

Regarding the spike issues. I've come across that on a few sites.. Installer changed the kit to a different brand but retained the progeny psu's and problem went away.

Customer service has never been their strong point.

Joe might be able to give more insight as i know his company historically used this product.

I have to state I have a bias here as I know the boss man at Progeny. Despite knowing boss man, we use ATS, read into that what you will.

It is installed at my daughters school (which is also the school that boss mans kids go to and is featured as a case study on Progenys website) and according to daughter it falls over more often than someone pissed up and blindfolded although she phrased it slightly differently but is happy when it does as she can get through doors without a card.

A previous thread tonight also reported that in their opinion, it was ****.

Worryingly it was progeny who installed the system at daughters school, not an installer so dont know if there is a conflict of manufacturer selling to end user directly?

Progenys 2 tech support boffins recently left and went to catch point.

Never used it personally so can't comment 1st hand, just on what I hear others say.

www.securitywarehouse.co.uk/catalog/

The company who manages all the sites now is doing their best to keep hold of them to renew for another 3 years

Every site was originally installed on a 5 year rental contract, They have paid £1,500 per quarter
for the last 5 years across each site. All of them are at the end of contract in 2 weeks.

Talk about having their pants down to their ankles, 30k per site, x 22 sites = £660,000.00 in 5 years

Before you ask, Its not a mistake, I have seen the paperwork for it.

Maybe I will possibly look at the idea of buying a kit and interrogating it on the bench

Haha, I'll bet a pound to a penny he didn't get to see that until his price went in.

As for P3, they may have the GPRS link, if they loose the sites I would expect them to delete the user DB or lock it out. The stuff is a nightmare andte supplier does not like to help you takeover their existing customers sites.

Ps': are the readers the A5 sized ones! Ugly feckers.

To save starting another forum, look after a site with this system installed, and keep having controllers going off line on me. Any ideas as to why this is happening and whats the best way to stop this?? Its builing up a backlog on system which I want to clear.

(sorry for butting in on a topic)

To save starting another forum, look after a site with this system installed, and keep having controllers going off line on me. Any ideas as to why this is happening and whats the best way to stop this?? Its builing up a backlog on system which I want to clear.

(sorry for butting in on a topic)

Why?

Kit's sh*t

Best way to stop??

Get rid and fit something better.

Archived