Security Installer Community

I Refuse To Do This Again

Oxo

Me and the mrs went to Las Vegas a couple of years ago and she managed to talk me into going on some of the rides at the top of the Stratosphere tower (1,149ft high) one of which shoots you out over the edge. We were in the front two seats and I've never felt safer up a ladder/picker since!

x_scream_1.jpg

Trade Member

Bomb bay and Der stuka at "Wet and Wild" on International Drive. 

http://www.wetnwildorlando.com/map.php

Went 3 times there and it was well worth the sunburn............oops ran  out of lotion.

Silly really as the house was only up the road and they allowed re-entry. Never took any spare cash as the lockers are done over by the local Mexican/Cuban types.

Back on topic, the wave pool was a tad overpowering and I have life saving certs. Swam in calmer seas!!!

That reminds me of a video. I'm sure most people have seen it, but for those of you who haven't, take a look...

I like the way they dont use the safety harness all the way up but where a crash hat that would be no use at all if they fell

Me and the mrs went to Las Vegas a couple of years ago and she managed to talk me into going on some of the rides at the top of the Stratosphere tower (1,149ft high) one of which shoots you out over the edge. We were in the front two seats and I've never felt safer up a ladder/picker since!

x_scream_1.jpg

Wheres the rest of the track?

I took this in Dublin before Christmas

attachicon.gif2012-12-04 13.22.14.jpg

I always wondered what Ireland looked like now I know

That is the track! You get on and it shoots you over the edge of the building by about 30 feet or so. It does this a few times at varying angles. Quite unnerving being all that way up with absolutely nothing underneath you. You can also jump off the top of the tower (in a controlled fashion of course) but I decided against that idea!

Trade Member

Ireland is beautiful. My grandparents had a farm just outside Ballyjamesduff. A few acres and cattle.

Great lakes nearby for fishing. Dublin not too far away.

Sadly passed away and aunts and uncles (Irish family so loads of them) sold it .

Loved the billy goat, it always attacked my brother but not me :D

Collecting fresh eggs in the morning and shooting the foxes were my best bits..........and yes, the Foxes were decimating the chickens so had to be controlled.

A great place to be and visit.

x_scream_1.jpg

That is awesome, id deffo muck me pants - but id like to do it.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

It's brilliant. Have a look at the wikipedia page for the Stratosphere, there's a couple of other rides up there that are probably "worse" than that one! We couldn't go on Instanity as it was closed due to high winds, thankfully. Absolutely love Vegas, incredible place, would recommend it to most people.

Trade Member

Archived