Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial - Inherited As New Home Owners - Help!

I said I have fitted them to a G2-20.

I did not say it was being used as a graded panel or being certified did I.

I may have worked for companies but when they didnt want certain work or in my own time I fit what I like.

And you can get wireless sounders on G2 systems.

Have a look about a few do them as a kit.

Yes, the flex would replace, trouble is you need to wire the keypad and i am guessing the Domonial is in the hall in view?

The wireless keypad is located in the hall in view.  I don't know where the control panel is located yet, we've only just obtained the keys and I'm itching to get in and map out where power sockets and telephone lines are located lol.

Where are you based?

I'm based in Bicester, Oxfordshire.

I said I have fitted them to a G2-20.

I did not say it was being used as a graded panel or being certified did I.

I may have worked for companies but when they didnt want certain work or in my own time I fit what I like.

And you can get wireless sounders on G2 systems.

Have a look about a few do them as a kit.

As Ronnie said, as far as i am aware you cannot fit RF sounders to a Galaxy G2, flex or dimension.

You can on a domonial and we have (internal or external)

I never mentioned grading at all? G2 is a galaxy model number.

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Right, there was confuision.

However you can, and on reflection, have used that CQR RF sounder at G2x and issued a cert for it, And it has been inspected and passed with flying colours. Galaxy -  or anyother panel for that matter. 

No, it is not a standard manufacturers part number, unless you count CQR of course.

Yes I know G2 is a Galaxy number, as I said it seemed confusiion ruled there for a while.

Right, so we are all understood that you cannot fit an RF sounder to a Galaxy panel..... except for an add on type that would have its own receiving module and not be monitored by the panel for RF batt and signal strength etc as a Honeywell device would?

Phew!

Note to the new owner, have you called ADT to get an idea of price?

That would be the best starting point.

PG Security Systems

Somerset

SSAIB Certificate of Merit Installers.

www.pgsecurity.co.uk

Thank you for your replies.

It appears that you all agree the Honeywell Domonial isn't the ideal alarm system and that we should replace it.  That's fine.  So which alarm system would you recommend? 

I understand that wired vs wireless is best, but naturally from a novice and decorating point-of-view, wireless would be more practical. The alarm system would have to offer pet-friendly sensors and glass-break sensors (I'm assuming this would be the best way to protect a glass conservatory).  I'm unsure as to whether we should opt for connected fire/smoke alarms as opposed to standalone fire/smoke alarms.  We would like the option to self-monitor using a voice dialer with a view to possibly connecting to an alarm monitoring center at a later date.

The Honeywell Domonial offered keyfob arming/disarming which we liked the idea of, but both said "surely if you lose your keys then the intruder has access and control?!", so maybe not a good idea.  It also offered communication with X10 devices (i.e. lights on when entry delay triggered) that appealed to my geeky side lol.  My partner said it had to look pretty lol.

Archived