Security Installer Community

Honeywell Domonial - Inherited As New Home Owners - Help!

A good panel, capable of being used with X10 ( You wanted intergration), codes or fobs, capability to call you or at a latter date be connected to an ARC. Then fobs needed.

Very friendly and even talks to you of you want.

Otherwise go for Texecom or HKC.

Do you know which model does all of that?

IMO you should get three quotes from approved companies.

Go with the company you feel most comfortable with.

Do not make the mistake of comparing them via price.

That's good advice.  I'll be sure to get a couple of quotes and also ask to ask to see any letters of recommendation.

I assume the companies will have their own list of alarm systems they are comfortable/qualified to install?  Any other websites to use other than NSI and SSAIB?

just replace the sensors for pet ones,keep the system,get someone to take it over,save the cost of a new system to pay to be monitored on the system you already have installed

That did cross my mind.  I would have been more than happy to purchase and replace sensors myself, but my issue was that the alarm system isn't user-friendly and programming can't be done without the correct hardware.  I wanted to get the system ready as I renovate the property, and then get someone to monitor/service on completion.  If it's being monitored/serviced prior to this, I'll be paying multiple call out charges.

That did cross my mind.  I would have been more than happy to purchase and replace sensors myself, but my issue was that the alarm system isn't user-friendly and programming can't be done without the correct hardware.  I wanted to get the system ready as I renovate the property, and then get someone to monitor/service on completion.  If it's being monitored/serviced prior to this, I'll be paying multiple call out charges.

why worry about programming,its not a user function,its not monitored at the moment anyway,its wireless so doesnt affect decor,can be fitted re-fitted after work done,you have no contract so you will have no call out charges..you havnt used it so you dont know if its user friendly yet.leave it to an installer,to advise.

why worry about programming,its not a user function,its not monitored at the moment anyway,its wireless so doesnt affect decor,can be fitted re-fitted after work done,you have no contract so you will have no call out charges..you havnt used it so you dont know if its user friendly yet.leave it to an installer,to advise.

I still can't add/change/remove the previous occupiers user code without a master/installation/engineers code.

On another note, can anyone point me in the direction of an installer/engineer's manual for the Honeywell Domonial?  I can see they are available in the 'Downloads' section of this web site, but as I'm not trade member, I cannot have access.  I've got the basic users guide which was left by the previous occupiers but that just outlines how to arm/disarm the alarm system.

you won't get installers manual from here, whoever there is always a popular search engine.... however you'd be much better off using it to find a local installer who uses the product or help in your choice of replacement system

Mr th2.jpg Veritas God

Archived