Security Installer Community

What Product For Small System

Ronnie

Cops inspire blue is a great low cost DVR for remote access. Good spec for the money and not one return.

The Videcon concept pro VXH264 is also I nice unit and a better DVR in the traditional sense, however they missed a trick and the web server has no access to the relays. (unlike the Cop unit)

Cameras wise I would go with some low light AV domes, the Adata offering is decent. We have installed them on 3 sites now and no problems. Lots of chipsets and choice on AV domes these days so depends on the site.

Ps: the VXH264 also offers playback from time search or event log via the smartphone app, don't think you will get that with many others.

thanks guys.  we struggle to find decent kit for small jobs and was trying to steer clear of the adata type stuff.  have already looked at the VXH so will prob look further into this.

• 2 weeks later...
The 4 way VXH264 is a bargain, much cheaper than the 8 way for some reason??? around half the cost.

Is this only available from Videcon direct? I'm looking for a two/three camera system for my brother in law who was broken into just before Christmas (thank god the alarm activated and they scarpered)

I don't do much cctv but have used the Videcon dvr's before and found them fairly simple to use. I was hoping to find their products on the net but with no joy so do they only supply registered companies?

Register then.

Letterhead and some details and your in.

System Q and that other lot mentioned and Security Warehouse or Henry`s to name a few for some decent stuff.

Saw a piece of tat before xmas and the bloke was charging fortunes and the client was happy, each to their own. And they had hand sprayed the domes black. Runs everywhere!! And not cable ones, they were lasso`ed around the house.

Is this only available from Videcon direct? I'm looking for a two/three camera system for my brother in law who was broken into just before Christmas (thank god the alarm activated and they scarpered)

I don't do much cctv but have used the Videcon dvr's before and found them fairly simple to use. I was hoping to find their products on the net but with no joy so do they only supply registered companies?

Yes, you could setup a simple cash account.

Yes, you could setup a simple cash account.

I have registered but heard nothing back so far probably due to the holiday period.

If anyone can give me an idea of a price for this camera it would be very much appreciated.

http://www.videcon.co.uk/product_details.php?StockID=1252&l1=3&l2=42

and this dvr

http://www.videcon.co.uk/product_details.php?StockID=1228&l1=16&l2=176

cheers

Archived