Security Installer Community

9651 Panel Adding A New Pir

wayneo

Hello,

i have a 9651 alarm panel in my home and i`am looking at adding another PIR in the garage, i have run all the necssary alarm cable to the garage back from the panel so its all in place ready to connect but i`am having problems wiring it, the spare connections for the detectors have resistors inplace at the moment

i have attached pictures of the panel connections and the pir connections if someone can point me in the right direction for the best way to wire it in i have 8 core cable and i`am looking at just adding the one pir at the moment,

any help will be greatly apprechiated,

thanks

post-43021-0-13936200-1352640830_thumb.j

post-43021-0-16776300-1352640928_thumb.j

You will need a resistor from the panel and another from the packet supplied, you do have the packet of spares that came with it ?

Then follow the bands on the resistors as to which one to place where.

All in the manual supplied, you do have the manual?

Because without it you will not be able to programme it.

So, before we start.

Have you the spares and the manual?

unfortunatly i dont have the manual for the detector or any resistors that should have come with it i do have the manual for the panel, the pir was given to me along with a spare loudspeaker door contact & roller shutter sensor, i was going to buy a new panel to put in the garage separate but whilst i was running mains to the garage i ran 2 sets or alarm cable back to the panel, so i can set 1 system instead of 2,

it is a risco detector, will i be able to find a manual on tinternet? I noticed some headers with jumpers on the detector i`am assuming various jumpers and settings on the pcb are to programme it?

thanks

wayne

They will do the detector. Not the alarm panel and the extra programming required,

The panel may well be on engineer reset for tampers, which will lock you out of the system. Quite common as it is the default setting and most leave it on.

Did you run the alarm cable next to the mains?

So are you saying the policy here is we do not give out engineering manuals to non trade?

If you are, you`re correct.

The man however states he has one.

I however am not going to try and guide someone through one step by step. You may have also noticed I have given up on DIY sites as it is easier to cut my throat than get most to understand things, and I like it as it is.

You are more than welcome to assist JP if you so wish.

I also as others make valid points, you are not earning anything telling all and sundry how to do our job. It is hard enough as it is.

I will talk other engineers thru processes as they are in the trade and know the terminology (Or should do).

To the OP this is not to be disrespectful to you by the way.

Archived