Security Installer Community

9651 Panel Adding A New Pir

wayneo

Can't share programming manuals you should know that, Ox. :P

If your not sure on the programming get an alarm engineer to commission your work.

Indeed i have a mate who is qualified/certified been in the trade since we left school and another who has been for the passed 25 years or so! the fact i didnt want to bother them on a sunday afternoon is the reason i posted on here,

going back to my first post i asked to be "pointed in the right direction as it were

You will need a resistor from the panel and another from the packet supplied, you do have the packet of spares that came with it ?

Then follow the bands on the resistors as to which one to place where.

All in the manual supplied, you do have the manual?

Because without it you will not be able to programme it.

So, before we start.

Have you the spares and the manual?

Thanks i have the installation & programming guide for the panel, and i now have the same that is usually supplied with the detector, #google :-

They will do the detector. Not the alarm panel and the extra programming required,

The panel may well be on engineer reset for tampers, which will lock you out of the system. Quite common as it is the default setting and most leave it on. " correct - could`nt reset the tamper fault when i first bought the property, after skim reading the manual it became apparent!

Did you run the alarm cable next to the mains? " ofcourse not for obvious reasons"

No disrespect to anyone here,but having an engineer code and a manual doesn't make the OP an alarm technician imo.

If someone cannot grasp the basics of a resistor in the panel-then really they should not be attempting diy additions-they clearly are in above their depth.

surely you guys started of with "an engineer code and a manual" lol the Knowledge and Experiance came after i`am not looking to become a technician but having a better understanding of how the system operates etc wouldnt go a miss,

Thanks for your responses i`am on an understanding level,

A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read - Mark Twain

I respect your response, one that we generally never get back.

Well worded and polite, with a nice hint of scarsam. Always enjoyed here, as you can see we are a friendly bunch.

As you quote so aptly "A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read " - Mark Twain

Have you had a good read?

If so, then all should become apparent, after all you found ( and some do not) the engineer tamper lockout.

You obviously have the capability of learning.

I like your answer and style, so I`ll do you a deal.

You explain how and why what you have that works works, and then ask what you do not understand.

Note I say "understand" and your replies will tell me if you do or not.

If you do, I will assist in the remainder.

But giving you guidelines. Not full answers.

I respect those that wish to learn, after all. We all learn every day.

PS.

Some mate you cannot ring on a Sunday................................

I have had a very good read indeed!! of both manuals, after attempting to fit the detecteor last weekend i was`nt aware it has a 2-3minute warm up period ( where the 3 leds flash after one another) also the screen/cover needs to be on or inplace for the the correct AM calibration. me being partly impatiant and not having the "Knowledge" of how it operates led me to disconnecting it and seeking further information! hence my first post!

i know the fundamentals of electric/electronic circuits from 3phase down to PCB boards & componants, more of a hobby than making a living from it, building basic circuits & prototyping boards from a young(ish) age i`ve always been intrigued in to "how stuff works & operates" i enjoy it in my spare time, it also adds that ounce of understanding & knowledge to my normal day-to-day job!

Roll on the weekend Mr detector,door contact, here i come! ohh yes also an informa dialler has been sitting next to my panel ready to connect up & with my newly found information i look forward it,

will let you know how i get on,

Kind regards

wayneo

Hmmm, you had asked "How" to fit it. Not "I had fitted it and it just flashed and I had not assembled it correctly".

You make no indication of how the panel behaved. The more info we get the easier it is to assist, But not to worry, we are used to half stories in this business........... :-

Well done on the fundamentals, means noting in real life when you have not got all the info does it!! I personally built my first "Alarm" aged about 9 with spares from my father and grandfathers tool boxes and frightend the life out of my mother when she came into the bedroom and or opened wardrobe doors.

However I digress, have fun getting things to work.

One hint, if you wire the dialler input to the bell output, when you do a bell test you also test the dialler. Something you should do once a month at least.

I now assume we wil not need to advise you how to programme the new zones and indeed you have spare zones and are not doubling up on them as it can be a pita to trace a fault on a shared zone.

And of course you know how to wire EOL as opposed to DP.

Regards

Ox

Archived